Peters On Pup List For a Quad Injury

H2o

He [Peters] admitted to maybe not playing as hard because he wasn't being paid enough, DESPITE HIM SIGNING THE PREVIOUS CONTRACT.

LINK?

A lot of people like to restrict themselves to facts when talking about what other people "admitted." I'm glad you don't bother about petty nonsense like that. You should consider a career in fiction. Bad fiction.

OK. I can see that this was my fault for not making myself clear. When I asked for a link, I meant that I wanted a link where, as LV-BILLS said in his quote above "He admitted to maybe not playing as hard because he wasn't being paid enough..." You know, a link that would prove his point. Sorry for not spelling that out.

The link you provided, FINGON, DOESN'T quote Peters in that way. Read it again.

Peters is quoted as saying "“I was thinking about it sometimes," he said. "If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn’t a big deal.”

That IN NO WAY is admitting that (as LV=BILLS said) "He admitted to maybe not playing as hard because he wasn't being paid enough." He just didn't say anything like that.

Florio clearly misinterprets Peters in the article. And so do you, FINGON, and anybody else who says Peters admitted something which he obviously didn't.

So now, how about a link which actually shows what LV-BILLS said, and you obviously believe, FINGON? Oh, you can't. Because he never admitted any such thing.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Peters got injured, just like Marcus Stroud did during his first stretching excercise of training camp this year. Just like our brand new star rookie safety Byrd did, and nobody even knows how he got hurt. Just like Stevie Johnson did in the third practice of training camp.

It is pretty lame and pathetic to get happy about an injury for any player in the NFL. These guys literally risk their lives every time they step on the practice field or game turf. :flirt:

I'm sure there are some idiot Cowboys fans who would love to see T.O. go down with a quad injury too. Talk about a case of sour grapes on roids. Please grow up and wait until at least the end of the season to see if you can celebrate Peters' sucking for the Eagles fair and square, healthy but not being as good as they thought.

Stop raining on our parade with logic and compassion! :P I think most people aren't celebrating his injury as much as the Eagles not getting a return on their investment. I do agree with you but I'm not sure everyone is celebrating the injury.

Look at it this way. What if Peters ends-up missing a good portion of his starts because of injury, like Jonas Jennings (another player Bills fans complained about losing) did for the 49'ers? Would this validate the Bills' decision to trade him?

Jonas Jennings missed 12 games over four years with the Bills due to injuries. SF knew they were getting chronically damaged goods. JP has not had as long a list of injuries. If he injures himself chronically because he's out of shape then that's something the Eagles should have known going in. His commitment to the game is suspect.

OK. I can see that this was my fault for not making myself clear. When I asked for a link, I meant that I wanted a link where, as LV-BILLS said in his quote above "He admitted to maybe not playing as hard because he wasn't being paid enough..." You know, a link that would prove his point. Sorry for not spelling that out.

The link you provided, FINGON, DOESN'T quote Peters in that way. Read it again.

Peters is quoted as saying "“I was thinking about it sometimes," he said. "If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn’t a big deal.”

That IN NO WAY is admitting that (as LV=BILLS said) "He admitted to maybe not playing as hard because he wasn't being paid enough." He just didn't say anything like that.

Florio clearly misinterprets Peters in the article. And so do you, FINGON, and anybody else who says Peters admitted something which he obviously didn't.

So now, how about a link which actually shows what LV-BILLS said, and you obviously believe, FINGON? Oh, you can't. Because he never admitted any such thing.

"If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract."

Another quote;

He didn't know he gave up 11.5 sacks last season.

“That’s the first time I’ve heard that stat," Peters said Sunday during his first press conference as a member of the Eagles. "I don’t recall giving up that many.

"If they charged me with that many, so what?" Peters said. "I’m an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I’m only human. I’m going to give 100 percent on every play.”

That to me sounds like he's admitting to not playing as hard and not caring about his play. He didn't even know he'd given up 11.5 sacks. He just didn't care. He can say he gave 100% on every play but that contradicts his own words. 2+2=4.

Jason Peters got injured, just like Marcus Stroud did during his first stretching excercise of training camp this year. Just like our brand new star rookie safety Byrd did, and nobody even knows how he got hurt. Just like Stevie Johnson did in the third practice of training camp.

It is pretty lame and pathetic to get happy about an injury for any player in the NFL. These guys literally risk their lives every time they step on the practice field or game turf. :flirt:

I'm sure there are some idiot Cowboys fans who would love to see T.O. go down with a quad injury too. Talk about a case of sour grapes on roids. Please grow up and wait until at least the end of the season to see if you can celebrate Peters' sucking for the Eagles fair and square, healthy but not being as good as they thought.

A little dramatic, don't you think? If that's the case, every one of us here risk our lives everyday we go to work. C'mon, I think guys here are just having fun picking on Peters. Lighten up.

LINK?

A lot of people like to restrict themselves to facts when talking about what other people "admitted." I'm glad you don't bother about petty nonsense like that. You should consider a career in fiction. Bad fiction.

This was a news story right after the trade, and was up on most news sites. Although to some extent it's hard to tell with Jason's intellect if that's really what he was trying to say.

My greatest fear is that the above statement reflects a prevalent attitude among Buffalo sports fans. It's analogous to the other thread where some people are hoping that Mike Williams' comeback attempt with the Redskins fails.

Unfortunately Doug Flutie, Dominick Hasek, and Michael Peca all know how quickly some Buffalo sports fans can turn on players. I only hope that it's not as prevalent as I fear...and that it is no different than how other fans in other cities react towards former players who left imperfectly.

I'd hate to think of my hometown as consisting of lots of petty, small-minded, ignorant people. I hope it's only a small, vocal minority who express these sorts of views.

Brilliant, I have nothing to add other than my total agreement.

:flirt:

This post is not based on any "facts" or "research" of the Eagles situation but;

I was listening to the NFL channel on Sirius the other day and they were talking about some of the "barely within the rules" things some of the teams do at this point of the year. One of the things they talked about was placing players the team KNOWs are on the team, and may for one reason or another not need the practice time, on the PUP list.

The reasoning was a PUP player does not count against the player limit and allows the team to carry extra "fringe" players a few extra days to better evaluate them, or bring in a few players to look at. Two examples they gave of coaches who "creatively" use the PUP list at the beginning of camp were Tuna and Bellicheat.

Like I said I don't know the Eagles situation, but anytime a player is PUP for "spasms" or "tweeks" it makes me go Hmmm.

Jonas Jennings missed 12 games over four years with the Bills due to injuries. SF knew they were getting chronically damaged goods. JP has not had as long a list of injuries. If he injures himself chronically because he's out of shape then that's something the Eagles should have known going in. His commitment to the game is suspect.

Jennings missed 3/games a year with the Bills. Peters has missed 2 games each of the past 2 years, not including the first game of the season.

This post is not based on any "facts" or "research" of the Eagles situation but;

I was listening to the NFL channel on Sirius the other day and they were talking about some of the "barely within the rules" things some of the teams do at this point of the year. One of the things they talked about was placing players the team KNOWs are on the team, and may for one reason or another not need the practice time, on the PUP list.

The reasoning was a PUP player does not count against the player limit and allows the team to carry extra "fringe" players a few extra days to better evaluate them, or bring in a few players to look at. Two examples they gave of coaches who "creatively" use the PUP list at the beginning of camp were Tuna and Bellicheat.

Like I said I don't know the Eagles situation, but anytime a player is PUP for "spasms" or "tweeks" it makes me go Hmmm.

Good point. Like in the old days when teams would stash players on IR before the rules changed.

Unfortunately Doug Flutie, Dominick Hasek, and Michael Peca all know how quickly some Buffalo sports fans can turn on players. I only hope that it's not as prevalent as I fear...and that it is no different than how other fans in other cities react towards former players who left imperfectly.

Difference being those 3 guys worked their asses off in Buffalo and achieved various levels of team success. Peters is an overrated, lazy POS whose only accomplishment was getting more money. :flirt: him.

Peters prolly hurt his quad running from Pats to Genos. That's about the only effort he's going to put in this offseason. Don't be surprised when he finally shows up "healthy" at 400lbs.

Peters prolly hurt his quad running from Pats to Genos. That's about the only effort he's going to put in this offseason. Don't be surprised when he finally shows up "healthy" at 400lbs.

Tourists eat there. Try Tony Luke's sometime. Or better yet, Jim's.

This morning it was such a pleasure to listen to Angelo Cataldi on WIP sports radio, who was so excited about the Peters signing and the great OLine the Iggles had, worry about the lack of "character" on the line with Shawn Andrews and Jason Peters.

I loves me some sweet sweet Schadenfreude with my coffee. :flirt:

This morning it was such a pleasure to listen to Angelo Cataldi on WIP sports radio, who was so excited about the Peters signing and the great OLine the Iggles had, worry about the lack of "character" on the line with Shawn Andrews and Jason Peters.

I loves me some sweet sweet Schadenfreude with my coffee. :flirt:

You actually listen to those !@#$ing !@#$s? Sorry for the profanity, but I can't stand WIP.

You actually listen to those !@#$ing !@#$s? Sorry for the profanity, but I can't stand WIP.

I can't listen to them for long either, but I switch over from NPR (no, really!) when they are on a boring story on my way back from dropping my son at school. Today I got lucky.

And I have a crush on Rhea Hughes, but that is another issue. :flirt:

I can't listen to them for long either, but I switch over from NPR (no, really!) when they are on a boring story on my way back from dropping my son at school. Today I got lucky.

And I have a crush on Rhea Hughes, but that is another issue. :flirt:

Rhea's just another annoying Phuldelfya broad. God, but I hate that accent.

I haven't listened to them in years. Usually just NFL Radio or one of the various music channels on Sirius.

I haven't listened to them in years. Usually just NFL Radio or one of the various music channels on Sirius.

I listen to 1050 AM ESPN out of NY nowadays. They increased their signal strength, and it comes in clear now in the Lehigh Valley.