Life gets tougher every day

I usually tried to wrap up the green section (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Pacific avenues), early.

No I'm telling you get all four railroads. Everytime someone lands on your railroad you get $200. Plus everytime you pass go you get another $200. Get that first then work on getting houses then hotels. Cash is king in this game. My wife and I every so often I kill her everytime.

Nope getting all the Railroads.

Get the front row it's cheap to build up to hotels. Everytime somebody goes around go they have a damn good chance of hitting one of your properties and they hand over their Go money. You slowly bleed them to death. JMO

No I'm telling you get all four railroads. Everytime someone lands on your railroad you get $200. Plus everytime you pass go you get another $200. Get that first then work on getting houses then hotels. Cash is king in this game. My wife and I every so often I kill her everytime.

So basically you are saying it starts and ends where the commodities are handled physically (in this case the RR's)?

:flirt:

Get the front row it's cheap to build up to hotels. Everytime somebody goes around go they have a damn good chance of hitting one of your properties and they hand over their Go money. You slowly bleed them to death. JMO

Slumlord.

No, no. You get the orange set (or purple if desperate); they are cheap to build and you get some nice cash flow coming in since they are right outside of jail.

After that you build up your yellows or greens to take control. The Boardwalk set is really just for the knockout punch....unless you have nothing else and are going for the hail mary strategy.

Plus there are chance and community chest cards which send people to them and make them pay double rent, plus the chance 'take a ride on the reading' card.

No, no. You get the orange set (or purple if desperate); they are cheap to build and you get some nice cash flow coming in since they are right outside of jail.

After that you build up your yellows or greens to take control. The Boardwalk set is really just for the knockout punch....unless you have nothing else and are going for the hail mary strategy.

Orange/Red corner is the strategy that yields the best results. The reds with hotels are just wicked.

Statistically, the orange and red properties are the best. They give the best ROI, plus are the most commonly landed on. Second-best are the purple and yellow.

Although there is something to be said about Chef's railroad strategy, as well. I've gotten killed by that before.

Orange/Red corner is the strategy that yields the best results. The reds with hotels are just wicked.

I always liked orange/yellow cause you had a good chance of giving someone a double hammer. Plus, if they skip over the oranges to free parking, Chance, etc., they are usually right in the wheel house to hit yellow (or Jail which puts you right back on course for the orange).

Statistically, the orange and red properties are the best. They give the best ROI, plus are the most commonly landed on. Second-best are the purple and yellow.

Although there is something to be said about Chef's railroad strategy, as well. I've gotten killed by that before.

You know I don't know why but I always seem to get the RRs very early on. However it's usually just my wife and I playing so there are less people likely to muck up the plan and buy one too. So when my wife lands on one and is comtemplating buying one "no, no, you don't want to do that." What a sucker, but I guess seeing she married me you all knew that.

I always liked orange/yellow cause you had a good chance of giving someone a double hammer. Plus, if they skip over the oranges to free parking, Chance, etc., they are usually right in the wheel house to hit yellow (or Jail which puts you right back on course for the orange).

But the reds have a card dedicated to them (Advance to Illinois Ave.).

With a hotel on it, it's well over $1000 a hit.

You know I don't know why but I always seem to get the RRs very early on. However it's usually just my wife and I playing so there are less people likely to muck up the plan and buy one too. So when my wife lands on one and is comtemplating buying one "no, no, you don't want to do that." What a sucker, but I guess seeing she married me you all knew that.

She must take pity on you and realizes that letting you win a boardgame is a simple way to appease you. Her goal is to win the war which CIA sources indicate she is in full control of. :doh:

I've got the computer version for when I'm on the road and killing time in the hotel, but have gotten bored with it when I discovered how cheaply the computer will trade a property. For instance, if a property cost $200, offer the computer $201 and they'll accept it.