Peter King's Postcard from Bills Camp

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Like any recent reports on the Bills it's TO heavy. Got some Roscoe love going on too

PK contradicts himself on the same page...

On the OLine he states:

But every spot on the offensive line will be manned by a different player than a year ago

Then later in another TO blurb:

Other than T.O., the Bills haven't changed much from last year's squad.

Like any recent reports on the Bills it's TO heavy. Got some Roscoe love going on too

On the OLine he states:

But every spot on the offensive line will be manned by a different player than a year ago

I thought it was a good post. He did not say we were going to finish last... Everyone else including his partner at SI Don Banks says we will be in the bottom third.... I can not wait to stomp NE and show the NFL we are for real...

King sounds like Roscoe's press agent - Roscoe is hardly accomplished as a slot WR and he can not blame QB for Reed was able to get plenty of balls from every QB. Roscoe did at least try to block last year but still had a lot of problem getting separation and getting ball in traffic.

On the OLine he states:

The peter kind comment you have is NOTHING on your Macchiavelli quote. Way to tell it like it is man. excellent quote and one of the most insightful, non-football things I've seen on here. more people should be aware of such truths.

On the OLine he states:

Maybe he's just speaking for fantasy football players... Fantasy football players that draft players w/o regard for the OL they play with anyway...

Ok let me try this again.

Maybe PK is just speaking for bad fantasy football players.

....I can not wait to stomp NE and show the NFL we are for real.....

...and then lose to the Bucs at home the very next week and show the NFL that we are really a work in progress. ;)

Sorry, but as much as I would love to see the Bills "stomp" the Pats that first game on national TV, it is a long season and Peter King and every other sports media expert in the country know the Bills are one huge question mark going into this year. I'll get really excited when the Bills win their 10th game of the season, validating them as real playoff contenders for the first time in 10 long years. And to be even more realistic here, 10 wins may not even get them into the playoffs. Teams with 10 and even 11 wins the past two seasons in the AFC have missed the playoffs!

So beating the Pats would be a hell of a lot better then losing to them by 46 points on national TV again. But win or lose that first game, I'm taking this season one game at a time.

Re the video linked in the story

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/pet...trated/?eref=T1

Wonder how sick Trent is of getting the same exact questions (almost word for word) about TO - this must have been like the sixth interview I saw him answer the same questions... ;)

I thought it was a good post. He did not say we were going to finish last... Everyone else including his partner at SI Don Banks says we will be in the bottom third.... I can not wait to stomp NE and show the NFL we are for real...

we are a couple D linemen and LBs away from stomping anyone

On the OLine he states:

I don't think you read the second quote all the way. Here it is, "Other than T.O., the Bills haven't changed much from last year's squad. Rhodes adds a valuable backup option in the backfield and most of the offensive line is brand new, but Owens is the only impact player GM Russ Brandon imported this offseason." He mentions the offensive line and explains exactly what he meant.

It's not a contradiction.

On the OLine he states:

I see exactly what you mean it is a contradiction.

I don't think you read the second quote all the way. Here it is, "Other than T.O., the Bills haven't changed much from last year's squad. Rhodes adds a valuable backup option in the backfield and most of the offensive line is brand new, but Owens is the only impact player GM Russ Brandon imported this offseason." He mentions the offensive line and explains exactly what he meant.

It's not a contradiction.

I see exactly what you mean it isn't a contradiction.

:pirate:

King sounds like Roscoe's press agent - Roscoe is hardly accomplished as a slot WR and he can not blame QB for Reed was able to get plenty of balls from every QB. Roscoe did at least try to block last year but still had a lot of problem getting separation and getting ball in traffic.

It just shows that national columnists will scourge google and find a recent article related to the Bills and then make up their own story about it. They really are not coming to camp to analyze the team and identify the strengths and weakness of the team.

I see exactly what you mean it is a contradiction.

I see exactly what you mean it isn't a contradiction.

;)

Sounds contradictary.. :pirate:

I enjoy and respect PK, but I could give a rats-azz about his eating habits and coffenerdness.. Stick to football reporting, please.

We're all very aware that we didn't add much in the off-season, sans Hangartner, ole' whatshisname and some DB depth. It speaks to the recent history that the big changes for this year is a new OL and O-Attack. With the exception of the '07 draft, hoping rookies can make an immediate impact on the Bills has had terrible results. But... here we go again.