Rumor/news on which team will move to LA

duey

From CNNSI...

The latest rumor is that the Saints are the franchise most likely to relocate in L.A./O.C. -- Orange County Register

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/scorecard/

It's a freaking shame that any team has to move. Seems like the league doesn't want to upset these nice, even divisions they set up a few years ago.

Does anyone know how the Saints have been drawing the last five years or so?

The Saints are the most likely team to go because they dont have a strong tradition behind them (aside from a tradition of losing). The NFL got a lot of heat for letting The Browns and Oilers move from their cities, and I remember Tags saying that he'd like to keep "traditional" teams in their "traditional" cities. Thats why I always thought the San Diego Chargers would never move to LA because the Chargers do have a strong tradition in San Diego.

New Orleans makes sense...plus come on...The LA Saints? Perfect.

Saints tickets are easy to get. If you are bored on a Sunday afternoon, you can just head to the Superdome and buy tickets right from the ticket office desk. They never sell out the Superdome. There are still diehards here, but nothing like it was back during the Bobby Hebert, Ricky Jackson years. I think overall, everyone wants to see the Saints leave just to get Tom Benson out of town and start fresh with a expansion team here. I really don't blame them, Benson is a tight wad who cares less if the Saints win or not.

Thats why I always thought the San Diego Chargers would never move to LA because the Chargers do have a strong tradition in San Diego. 

109400[/snapback]

It's actually taking them back home. Way back in days of yore, there was a team called the Los Angeles Chargers that played for a year before moving to San Diego to become the lovable losers of current day fame. Still doesn't mean there's not strong tradition there - we could move the Chiefs back to Dallas and the Lions back to Portsmouth.

Thats why I always thought the San Diego Chargers would never move to LA because the Chargers do have a strong tradition in San Diego.

Actually the Chargers started in LA ...... so tradition wise it would just be a matter of what goes around, comes around.