Wood a done deal

Thats probably a good indication hes signed, great news...looks like maybin may hold out beyond the hall of fame game.

Pin that on Maybin's agent and the fact few other #1's are signed right now. Get Byrd in and we'll be fine. Maybin will catch up.

PTR

Pin that on Maybin's agent and the fact few other #1's are signed right now. Get Byrd in and we'll be fine. Maybin will catch up.

PTR

IMO the DE position would be easier to pick up after missing a couple of weeks then FS or OG

Posting this here, too:

Per Bills.com text: OL Eric Wood and DB Jairus Byrd have signed. Byrd has been placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list and WR PK Sam has been Waived/Injured.

No confirmed source from PFT?

For what it's worth, Sal Maiorana says there's word that Wood showed up at SJF roughly an hour ago.

;):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Posting this here, too:

Per Bills.com text: OL Eric Wood and DB Jairus Byrd have signed. Byrd has been placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list and WR PK Sam has been Waived/Injured.

Why is Byrd on active non football injury list?

;):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why is Byrd on active non football injury list?

mBills' Byrd to miss at least two weeks

By Mark Gaughan

News Sports Reporter

July 29, 2009, 4:29 PM / 0 comments

PITTSFORD — Buffalo Bills rookie safety Jairus Byrd underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia two weeks ago and will be on the shelf for at least the next two weeks, team and league sources told The News.

Byrd had not yet reported to Bills training camp as of Wednesday, but his agent was close to an agreement on a contract with the Bills.

The injury hinders the chances of the University of Oregon product to make an imediate impact on the field.

The Bills have designs on installing Byrd as a starter at free safety this season. A sports hernia injury generally has a wide recovery range — from four to eight weeks. Byrd's surgery was considered routine and it's believed he may be closer to the four-week recovery period.

No confirmed source from PFT?

For what it's worth, Sal Maiorana says there's word that Wood showed up at SJF roughly an hour ago.

Florio cited a league source...and he was correct.

I feel like the guy needs to be reevaluated as his career progresses and not be judged solely by his past. I would certainly hate to be judged purely on things I may have done years ago. I'm not criticizing you Lori but rather am using your post as an opportunity to get this off my chest.

I see lots of anti-Florio stuff written on this wall and it seems that it's based on very old stuff. Florio sensationalizes a bit to drive up traffic and that's understandable as he was an independent blogger for many years before recently being picked up by NBC sports. I also don't agree with many of his football takes. For a guy who lives and breathes NFL football he doesn't seem to understand the game much better than the casual fan.

But he works his ass off, and has developed lots of credible sources and has broken his fair share of big stories. Being a charter founder of a law firm, his grasp of legal and complex issues is pretty much unparalleled.

The guy is metamorphosing from a blogger into a serious reporter (notice the omission of the word "journalist." I accuse very few of this as there are very few real journalists). And anyways, if you read Florio regularly as many millions do (including lots of NFL employees), he is very self-deprecating and would never describe himself as a journalist.

He also takes the time to answer lots of emails.