It's all moot for Bills if rebuilt lines don't jell

Pitta

My exact same feelings. No amount of T.O.'s and Lee Evanses will make up for a sh------- line. Lets all pray the experiment works

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...lines-dont-gel

"We know Terrell Owens can catch it. But will Trent Edwards have time to throw it?

Signing Owens was a huge offseason move for the Buffalo Bills, but the team's biggest offseason gamble might have been trading Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Bills' revamped line will be a major question mark when their training camp opens July 24 in Pittsford, N.Y. Buffalo will have a new starter at all five offensive line positions. Can a team making such a major facelift really expect to make the playoffs?

Here is how the Bills' offensive line looks at the moment. Langston Walker will move from right tackle to left tackle to replace Peters. Rookie first-round pick Eric Wood has the inside track to start at left guard. Geoff Hangartner, a free-agent pickup from the Panthers, is slated to start at center. Another rookie, Andy Levitre, a second-round pick, is the projected starter at right guard. Brad Butler will move from right guard to right tackle" ...... more

My exact same feelings. No amount of T.O.'s and Lee Evanses will make up for a sh------- line. Lets all pray the experiment works

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...lines-dont-gel

"We know Terrell Owens can catch it. But will Trent Edwards have time to throw it?

Signing Owens was a huge offseason move for the Buffalo Bills, but the team's biggest offseason gamble might have been trading Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Bills' revamped line will be a major question mark when their training camp opens July 24 in Pittsford, N.Y. Buffalo will have a new starter at all five offensive line positions. Can a team making such a major facelift really expect to make the playoffs?

Here is how the Bills' offensive line looks at the moment. Langston Walker will move from right tackle to left tackle to replace Peters. Rookie first-round pick Eric Wood has the inside track to start at left guard. Geoff Hangartner, a free-agent pickup from the Panthers, is slated to start at center. Another rookie, Andy Levitre, a second-round pick, is the projected starter at right guard. Brad Butler will move from right guard to right tackle" ...... more

Edwards has to feel like a test pilot. Why do the Patriots have to be first? Seahawks, Jags, Raiders and Rams sure sounds appealing right about now.

Edwards has to feel like a test pilot. Why do the Patriots have to be first? Seahawks, Jags, Raiders and Rams sure sounds appealing right about now.

I agree that the O.line is a huge question mark and I have thought about poor David Carr and the punishment he took playing behind one of the worst offensive lines of all time. However, Carr only had a mediocre group of wr's and didn't have sh-- for running backs. Talent at the skill positions will help to a certain degree. (I think he may have had Johnson back then but of course he was much younger and didn't have the experience he has now)

You just never know with the o.line. On the plus side, the Bills have an extra week of camp. They play 5 preseaon games also. They will have more time then the average team to work out the kinks. Also, playing their 2nd and 3rd games at home can only help. Tampa Bay's aging defense does not scare me and if you look at the points that were scored against New Orleans last season, they don't scare me either.

I just don't undersand why we keep harping on the same thing over and over again. Hasn't this already been discussed at length in 10-15 different posts? I'm giving the entire team the benefit of the doubt. I expect things to progress nicely throughout camp and I expect each preseason game to help in the 'gelling' of the O.line. Come week one, who knows, maybe they will be ready to go. If nothing else, I know they have all spoke of having chips on their shoulders for being so underrated and I like the attitude there.

I just don't undersand why we keep harping on the same thing over and over again. Hasn't this already been discussed at length in 10-15 different posts?

A lot of people think that the human species became "dominant" because of its ability to communicate using language.

Several contemporary anthropologists have found that well over 95% of all human communication is merely persiflage. These football boards are essentially rooster parties.

A lot of people think that the human species became "dominant" because of its ability to communicate using language.

Several contemporary anthropologists have found that well over 95% of all human communication is merely persiflage. These football boards are essentially rooster parties.

Hey I learned a new word and this is the last place in the world I thought that would happen.

Langston Walker specializes in pass-pro, the only question for him is will he be as effective against the more athletic right end types as opposed to the left ends he faced in the past.

Brad Butler seems to be struggling against the bull rush thus far in training camp, which surprises me. He played RG and faced large DT's on the regular. Why is he struggling against an end using the bull rush? Maybe it's all in the footwork, he has to learn how to defend against an outside rush that turns into a bull rush on a counter move. With time, he should be able to adjust. I hope.

Hangartner can't be worse than what we had at center in the recent past. This spot should be an upgrade.

Eric Wood is an absolute beast. I love this kid. I just watched the Senior Bowl again and payed close attention to Wood, in particular. This kid was stone walling Raji all day and he can pull. The kid is athletic and strong.

Andy Levitre concerns me a bit. I payed close attention to him as well when I watched the Senior Bowl and he struggled. In his defense, he did get moved around quite a bit during that game. He played left and right tackle and left and right guard in that game.

This unit has a ton of question marks to answer. If the Bills are happy with what they have got then the Bills won't sign anybody on the O-line to help. If they do sign someone, such as Levi Jones or Jonas Jennings, then we should be worried, because that means the coaching staff is concerned with what they have in place already.

I think the constant posting on this issue is because it is such an obvious and dominant problem and certainly the biggest question mark on the team. Great receivers, great running back, maybe soon to be great quarterback don't mean shyt without this offensive line doing its job. I guess its just wait and see.

If the O-Line does turn out to be a weakness on this team, its up to the coaching staff to minimize that and design plays/packages that offer better protection: double TE sets, playaction passes, screen passes, draws, 3 step drops.

It about making adjustments as quick as possible in the NFL, otherwise you're just trying to fit a square peg into a round hole all season long.