Bills fan rootin 4 playoffs Wade fans say no way

Last weekends win over a likely playoff team was impressive in many regards. As it is still mathematically possible but extremely unlikely that we will make the playoffs and even a winning record will be a tough accomplishment given the number of road games we have, the losses that amounted to an 0-4 record to start loom large.

However, it is simply great to see the excitment about this team and the concept of not only waging a good fight but even winning next week. This attitude is one that makes this game so entertaining to me and makes me proud to be a Bills fan.

I know what the odds are and as long as we have any chance whatsoever, I certainly never say die as there are plenty of Pitts, Philly and Pats fans who will do that.

So I say this is a great point for realistic optimism. Sure there are still many improvements to make on this team and some performances that downright suck. By all means point them out, but I think the thing which makes a Bills fan a Bills fan is that despite this honesty good fans never say dies until the Fat lady is singing.

Some Wadophiliac want to turn the reat of this season into a pre-season for 2005. Fortunately, the TEAM seems to have too much pride to do this as it is still the 2004 season.

So I say GO BILLS warts and all. It amazes me that some folks rag on currency exchange or other issues which though not about Bills football clearly come from part of the Bills and TSW family. If you are looking for drivel it is stuff that values reality over optimism. Wade was right about the Bills making not making the playoffs his final season but he deserved it to be his final season because his surrender made him no longer really a Bill!

Last weekends win over a likely playoff team was impressive in many regards.  As it is still mathematically possible but extremely unlikely that we will make the playoffs and even a winning record will be a tough accomplishment given the number of road games we have, the losses that amounted to an 0-4 record to start loom large.

However, it is simply great to see the excitment about this team and the concept of not only waging a good fight but even winning next week.  This attitude is one that makes this game so entertaining to me and makes me proud to be a Bills fan.

I know what the odds are and as long as we have any chance whatsoever, I certainly never say die as there are plenty of Pitts, Philly and Pats fans who will do that.

So I say this is a great point for realistic optimism. Sure there are still many improvements to make on this team and some performances that downright suck.  By all means point them out, but I think the thing which makes a Bills fan a Bills fan is that despite this honesty good fans never say dies until the Fat lady is singing.

Some Wadophiliac want to turn the reat of this season into a pre-season for 2005.  Fortunately, the TEAM seems to have too much pride to do this as it is still the 2004 season.

So I say GO BILLS warts and all.  It amazes me that some folks rag on currency exchange or other issues which though not about Bills football clearly come from part of the Bills and TSW family.  If you are looking for drivel it is stuff that values reality over optimism.  Wade was right about the Bills making not making the playoffs his final season but he deserved it to be his final season because his surrender made him no longer really a Bill!

109062[/snapback]

As Berman and Jackson have said, we are in a 2 game season. 1 game down, one to go. We win @NE and we are back in it. We lose, and let the JP era begin.

As Berman and Jackson have said, we are in a 2 game season.  1 game down, one to go.  We win @NE and we are back in it.  We lose, and let the JP era begin.

109068[/snapback]

I don't think you can pack in the season and start looking towards next year until our 8th loss is on the board.

I said it once and it happens every single year. There are always two teams that start off hot and blow their loads the second half of the year usually not even making the playoffs. And on the other hand their is usually one team that makes a run and goes to the playoffs. My fingers are crossed. And this Sunday night is a must win.

I don't think you can pack in the season and start looking towards next year until our 8th loss is on the board.

109069[/snapback]

I disagree.

We are screwed even if we get 7 losses. We lost to two teams who have a very good chance ending up at 9-7, JAX and BAL. Chances are either SD or DEN will get the other WC spot by going 10-6. I think we are screwed when we reach the 7 loss mark.

No doubt this past Sundays game was a good solid win something to feel good about and evidence of a improving team a good team. It seems simple enough to play each game as they come and total them up anyone who follows sports for any length knows many things happen in a season. Let the season be over when its over and not a moment before.

You know, the one problem with your statement is that WE ARE NOT THE COACHES!

Oh yeah...WE ARE NOT THE PLAYERS EITHER!

Nobody here WANTS us to lose. Nobody WANTS us to miss the playoffs. What we talk about here week in and week out isn't going to have one bit of impact on the game come Sunday.

The head coach should not publicly state that the playoffs are out of reach until it is mathematically impossible. FANS can talk until they are blue in the face about all of the different possibilities all they want. That's what we do.