July 28th: Favre staying retired

Lori

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are folks at ESPN excited or is the AC just turned way up?

PTR

Profile Edit:

" Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and has totally run out of original ideas. Next Up: Why Vick deserves an apology from PETA and The Top Ten Reasons why The Bills are moving to Toronto. "

Exchange during yesterday's Monday Night Football (I liberally paraphrase):

Tirico (?) "Several un-named Vikings players are convinced Favre will be playing for them soon"

Jon Gruden" What is this 'un-named' stuff ? Be man enough and let yourself be named"

The first statement seems to be coming to pass here (pun intended): Favre in MN

I'm as sick of Brett Favre as everyone else, but last year before the season, many on this board wanted him to come to our team. In this article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/07/29/favre/index.html?eref=si_writers) Favre tells Peter King he thinks he's going to stay retired but if someone calls November 1st, then who knows. If Trent stays healthy, and I'm hoping he does, then this isn't an issue at all. But, if for some reason, he goes down to injury, I'd think Favre would be better than Fitzpatrick. Favre played very well at the beginning of the season for the Jets but wore down significantly as the season wore on. If he came in and only played half of the games I think he would be a definite upgrade over Fitzpatrick. I'd like to repeat over again though, that I really like Trent and hope he doesn't go down, I just don't think that Fitz is a very good backup

You think Brett Favre would be any team's backup? lolz @ that. He's still better than half the starters in the league.

Really? I think you'd be hard pressed to come up with that list.

Dude was awful last season.

But he was constantly covered by ESPN. The amount of coverage you get by ESPN, NFL Net and the other networks is a direct indication of how good you are.

You should know that.

The way it sounds to me, ask SGBF about any QB currently not playing, and he is better than half the QB's in the league.

And why should anybody want him to? If he is a better quarterback than some options teams have (say the Jets and Vikings for instance) then who is any fan to decide he should retire?

How good was he with the Jets? Wasn't he supposed to win a ring for them? Just saying.

PTR

Injured does not = awful. Here is your list. It took me < 5 mins to compile.

Joe Flacco

Trent Edwards

Carson Palmer

Derrick Anderson

Kyle Orton

Jake Delhomme

Daunte Culpepper/Matthew Stafford

David Gerrard

Chad Pennington

Damon Huard

Matt Hasselbeck

Mark Bulger

Jason Campbell

Byron Leftwhich

Jamarcus Russel

Matt Cassel

Kellen Clemens/Mark Sanchez

Arguably:

Matt Ryan

Kerry Collins

Ben Roethlisburger

Oh looky there, that is more than half, and not even including my "arguable" list. It would have been much faster to state which QBs than which Favre is not better.

Injured does not = awful. Here is your list. It took me < 5 mins to compile.

Joe Flacco

Trent Edwards

Carson Palmer

Wow. You REALLY like the 40-year old Favre, don't you?

Better than Carson Palmer? I could go further, but why bother.