July 28th: Favre staying retired

Lori

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as sick of Brett Favre as everyone else, but last year before the season, many on this board wanted him to come to our team. In this article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/07/29/favre/index.html?eref=si_writers) Favre tells Peter King he thinks he's going to stay retired but if someone calls November 1st, then who knows. If Trent stays healthy, and I'm hoping he does, then this isn't an issue at all. But, if for some reason, he goes down to injury, I'd think Favre would be better than Fitzpatrick. Favre played very well at the beginning of the season for the Jets but wore down significantly as the season wore on. If he came in and only played half of the games I think he would be a definite upgrade over Fitzpatrick. I'd like to repeat over again though, that I really like Trent and hope he doesn't go down, I just don't think that Fitz is a very good backup

Apparently a popular T-shirt in the Green Bay area is one with Favre's face surrounded by a Wisconsin map with the words "We will never forget you Brent"

I almost stole that as an avatar. :thumbsup::worthy:

And BTW, don't expect teams to be running to Vick's door. Goodell plans to keep Vick on a short leash.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal. :rolleyes:

I'm as sick of Brett Favre as everyone else, but last year before the season, many on this board wanted him to come to our team. In this article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/07/29/favre/index.html?eref=si_writers) Favre tells Peter King he thinks he's going to stay retired but if someone calls November 1st, then who knows. If Trent stays healthy, and I'm hoping he does, then this isn't an issue at all. But, if for some reason, he goes down to injury, I'd think Favre would be better than Fitzpatrick. Favre played very well at the beginning of the season for the Jets but wore down significantly as the season wore on. If he came in and only played half of the games I think he would be a definite upgrade over Fitzpatrick. I'd like to repeat over again though, that I really like Trent and hope he doesn't go down, I just don't think that Fitz is a very good backup

I never thought T.O. would come to the Bills so I suppose anything is possible. That said I would not hold my breath. If you think Bills fans are frustrated with our QB play, how do you think they will feel when Favre throws up one picked-off wounded duck after another?

PTR

I never thought T.O. would come to the Bills so I suppose anything is possible. That said I would not hold my breath. If you think Bills fans are frustrated with our QB play, how do you think they will feel when Favre throws up one picked-off wounded duck after another?

PTR

Wait...are you talking about Favre or Fitzpatrick? Because I saw a few Cincinatti games that Fitzy boy "managed" and his throws were painful to watch.

I think we should sign Favre AND Vick AND Pacman Jones.

Ralph could triple the ticket prices and fill the stadium with ESPN reporters alone. Cash out as much as possible: rush together a Hard Knocks: Buffalo, give the other guys reality shows, the whole deal. The team will be full of coachkillers, and Jauron is toast.

When that blows over, we can spend the money on Cowher in 2010 and get down to business.

I don't think its a wacked out theory.

I am a bit nervous about our backup qb position as a whole as well.

Cowher power in 2010....I like the sounds of that.

you guys gotta go back to work and stop posting threads and thinkin bout football

I think we should sign Favre AND Vick AND Pacman Jones.

Ralph could triple the ticket prices and fill the stadium with ESPN reporters alone. Cash out as much as possible: rush together a Hard Knocks: Buffalo, give the other guys reality shows, the whole deal. The team will be full of coachkillers, and Jauron is toast.

When that blows over, we can spend the money on Cowher in 2010 and get down to business.

;)

I am confused by one thing in your glorious plan. If they fill the stadium with ESPN reporters (who, of course, do not pay to get in) how do you collect any revenue (let alone additional revenue) from the higher ticket prices? A conundrum, indeed.

;)

I am confused by one thing in your glorious plan. If they fill the stadium with ESPN reporters (who, of course, do not pay to get in) how do you collect any revenue (let alone additional revenue) from the higher ticket prices? A conundrum, indeed.

Jersey sales, dude.

With Favre gone the fun has left the NFL. They should just suspend the league for a year so that we could recover from this loss or so that Favre could recover from shoulder surgery and bring the fun back into the NFL.

and childlike enthusiasm....don't forget that

With Favre gone the fun has left the NFL. They should just suspend the league for a year so that we could recover from this loss or so that Favre could recover from shoulder surgery and bring the fun back into the NFL.

Methinks Favre doesn't like training camps. Once the season is about to begin, Childress will again beg Favre who will grudgingly agree cos 'he loves the sport'

• 3 weeks later...