Bills release injured RB Hairston

gotta have room to sign picks

With Hairston's release, we now have 78 guys on roster. Even with the 3 unsigned draft picks on board, wouldn't we still have room for 2 more players?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the player cap was set at 83. I would just love to see the Bills ATTEMPT to get better and bring in some vets for depth purposes.

EDIT: After doing some quick research, the cap could be at 80 players...can anyone help?

With Hairston's release, we now have 78 guys on roster. Even with the 3 unsigned draft picks on board, wouldn't we still have room for 2 more players?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the player cap was set at 83. I would just love to see the Bills ATTEMPT to get better and bring in some vets for depth purposes.

EDIT: After doing some quick research, the cap could be at 80 players...can anyone help?

It is 80 players

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ters-size_N.htm

Where is Omon? Cut him too and get some LBs in here

*puts the card to his head*

Matt Baker, Travis McCall, Xaiver Oman, P.K. Sam, Felton Huggins, Jermaine McGhee, Marcus Smith, Ventrell Jenkins, David Linquist and Danny Urrego

*opens card*

Name all of the players the Bills could easily release in order to sign Derrick Brooks, Marcus Washington or Boss Bailey.

Hey-ooo!

Also just read on BuffaloBills.com that DiGiorgio did clear waivers and is back with the team on the Reserve/PUP list, which means he does NOT take up a roster space. So we're still standing at two spots open.

The 3 unsigned draft picks don't count toward the 80.