Jairus Byrd

I've got to wonder how Byrd is not signed yet. Pick #41 is signed. Pick #43 is signed. Just add the two numbers up and divide by two, it's so easy!

Obviously, there is more to it then that...but when all the picks around you are signed...AND you still have to hammer out deals for your first rounders, it would make sense to get Byrd's deal done as soon as possible

I've got to wonder how Byrd is not signed yet. Pick #41 is signed. Pick #43 is signed. Just add the two numbers up and divide by two, it's so easy!

Obviously, there is more to it then that...but when all the picks around you are signed...AND you still have to hammer out deals for your first rounders, it would make sense to get Byrd's deal done as soon as possible

Eugene Parker. That said, it should be soon.

GO BILLS!!!

Hasn't he missed all of OTA's because of the Oregon schedule? This isn't a "We're DOOOOOMED" post, but how easily is he going to catch up to things? Or is this a concern over nothing?

jairus is gonna be better than his grandfather butch

I put up a post a while back about #6 2nd round pick Maualuga singing. Then I deleted it because the B'gals site link didn't work anymore.

Anyway, it seems to be back:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/maua...1a-5004fb484b66

I put this up because if he signed, it adds info about the "slotting" we talk about here...

I think that Byrd already signed, but he can't find his way past all the defensive backs to get into camp.

Per Bills.com text: OL Eric Wood and DB Jairus Byrd have signed. Byrd has been placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list and WR PK Sam has been Waived/Injured.

Somehow, I haven't seen this posted anywhere.

http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/748269.html

Bills' Byrd to miss at least two weeks

By Mark Gaughan

News Sports Reporter

July 29, 2009, 4:29 PM / 0 comments

PITTSFORD — Buffalo Bills rookie safety Jairus Byrd underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia two weeks ago and will be on the shelf for at least the next two weeks, team and league sources told The News.

Byrd had not yet reported to Bills training camp as of Wednesday, but his agent was close to an agreement on a contract with the Bills.

The injury hinders the chances of the University of Oregon product to make an immediate impact on the field.

The Bills have designs on installing Byrd as a starter at free safety this season. A sports hernia injury generally has a wide recovery range — from four to eight weeks. Byrd's surgery was considered routine and it's believed he may be closer to the four-week recovery period.