Doing My Share To Help The Economy

Dante

Almost everyone has an opinion on autos so I'm looking for some input here. Were looking for a crossover/suv type vehicle. Wife is kinda pushing the issue as I'm kinda happy with my 2001 F150 Crew but whatever. I've got a short list of what I'm considering. Price range seems to be between $30,000 to about $36,000

Ford Flex (Too boxy and large for me but this is my wifes fave :doh: )

Ford Edge

Nissan Murano

Toyota Highlander(highly rated). Would love to get the hybrid version of this but a bit pricey

Dodge/Chrysler not a option. Never liked them no matter how good the deal is.

I'm easy to please for the most part. All I want is a decent mp3 setup. Dependability. Must be comfortable! Good storage.

Plan to test drive all of these but would like some real world, practical feedback on any of these. Also, has anyone used "New Car Price Reports" from Consumer Reports? $14 a model. Just wondering if its worth it.

My Brother has the Toyota Venza, not a bad car, especially if u get it souped up with AWD etc.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Brother has the Toyota Venza, not a bad car, especially if u get it souped up with AWD etc.

Ok tried the Venza. Cool car but not as much leg room as I would like. Ended up getting a Ford Edge and NOT the Flex that my wife was pushing for. Kind of a neat car but a bit too big for us. Lots of nice features. Edge has most of those and seems a bit smaller. Better vision out of the back of the car. Nice feel to it. DID NOT use the Cash For Clunkers thing(again helping the economy) and did a straight trade with my F150. At work we are a Ford license so that qualified us(X-plan they call it) for approx 8% discount off the dealer invoice in addition to the already existing rebates on 2009($3500).

Also got sucked into increasing the warranty from 3 years Bumper To Bumper to 6 years. That cost $1200. Not so sure if that was a good deal or not. Kinda cheap insurance I think.

Anyway, I read everyones responses and appreciate all the input. It was helpful ;)

Also got sucked into increasing the warranty from 3 years Bumper To Bumper to 6 years. That cost $1200. Not so sure if that was a good deal or not. Kinda cheap insurance I think.

Assuming it was a Ford factory warranty, it's cheap insurance. With all the complexity in today's vehicles, repairs are very, very steep.