Doing My Share To Help The Economy

Dante

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going through a mid-life crisis like me and own a Solstice? I'm about to head to the dealer and decrease my penis size by several inches.

That car is for midgets. I tried to sit in one at the car show and could only laugh. Only 6-2 and not overwight. It's a small-person's car.

Not exactly on topic... :thumbsup::rolleyes: I just watched Modern Marvels on the history channel. Did anyone know that all diesel engines can run on veggie oil and that originally Rudolph Diesel invented it to run on peanut oil... Petro diesel just became more prevalent.

??

Although the modern diesel engine can run on plant-based diesel, it generally voids the car's warranty. VW makes the most used consumer diesel engine and you have to use petrol diesel with a grade of XX% or the warranty is void.

BMW makes a killer diesel car in its 3 series. 0-60 in 5 seconds. 35MPG. But alas, no manual transmission.

That car is for midgets. I tried to sit in one at the car show and could only laugh. Only 6-2 and not overwight. It's a small-person's car.

I'm 5'10" :rolleyes: , but I have had an enormous penis.

I'm leaving in 5 minutes! Saturn dealer is right down the street for the Pontiac dealer. Why is it better?

Meh...

Everyone missed that one. The Solstice and Sky are virtually the same vehicle. Same platform and engine...different name and body.

;)

I didn't puss out and buy a solstice. I bought one of these:

My car. (it's even my color)

Nice ride! And no you didn't puss out. Do you want to see your car's grandaddy?:

The Pride of the Mitsubishi Line!

Sharp styling, they (your car and my link) look kinda similar and they haul ass too!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am just busting your chops... I do it to everybody that buys a Mitsu product... I guess I am carrying on my grandfather's and my father's traditon... They actually remember Pearl Harbor. :thumbsup:

Just an FYI, I'm in love with my car. Everytime I see it, I still can't believe it's my car. Feeling the turbo kick in at 2600 RPM is exhilarating to say the least.

I took advantage of the cash for clunkers dealio, and got 3500 for my 98 Dakota with 178,000 miles on it. Sticker price around 31,000 and I walked out with for about 26,000, including the extra 2 years on the warranty (extending it to 5 years, 72,000 miles).

Now if the weather would just cooperate so I can put the rag top down...

Almost everyone has an opinion on autos so I'm looking for some input here. Were looking for a crossover/suv type vehicle. Wife is kinda pushing the issue as I'm kinda happy with my 2001 F150 Crew but whatever. I've got a short list of what I'm considering. Price range seems to be between $30,000 to about $36,000

Ford Flex (Too boxy and large for me but this is my wifes fave :flirt: )

Ford Edge

Nissan Murano

Toyota Highlander(highly rated). Would love to get the hybrid version of this but a bit pricey

Dodge/Chrysler not a option. Never liked them no matter how good the deal is.

I'm easy to please for the most part. All I want is a decent mp3 setup. Dependability. Must be comfortable! Good storage.

Plan to test drive all of these but would like some real world, practical feedback on any of these. Also, has anyone used "New Car Price Reports" from Consumer Reports? $14 a model. Just wondering if its worth it.

Have you tried the Taurus X? It's being phased out (I think they stopped making them in February). It is based off of the same platform as the Flex and has similar capability, but with a less polarizing design. You might be able to get it for a cheaper price than the Flex as well.

I test drove an older version and rather liked it. The Edge was a little too wide for my taste.

Just an FYI, I'm in love with my car. Everytime I see it, I still can't believe it's my car. Feeling the turbo kick in at 2600 RPM is exhilarating to say the least.

I took advantage of the cash for clunkers dealio, and got 3500 for my 98 Dakota with 178,000 miles on it. Sticker price around 31,000 and I walked out with for about 26,000, including the extra 2 years on the warranty (extending it to 5 years, 72,000 miles).

Now if the weather would just cooperate so I can put the rag top down...

So you went with the Saturn? :flirt:

Standard or automatic transmission?

In the words...er...sounds or Ozzie Guillen...Pssshhhttt, please. I couldn't fathom getting that car without a stick.

As for the Solstice vs Sky debate, I just prefer the body styling of the Pontiac. As for the room inside the vehicle, the drivers seat isn't even all the way back for my ideal seating position. My dome is 6 inches shy of the ragtop as well. They did a great job maximizing interior room.

In the words...er...sounds or Ozzie Guillen...Pssshhhttt, please. I couldn't fathom getting that car without a stick.

Good. It was a loaded question. If you get a car like that in automatic, it becomes a Barbie car.

After 20 years of resistance, my wife learned to drive manual in the last month. She's now a total convert and is pissed her (3 month old) car is automatic.

That's an "I told ya so" 20 years in the making. Worth every year.