Doing My Share To Help The Economy

Dante

Almost everyone has an opinion on autos so I'm looking for some input here. Were looking for a crossover/suv type vehicle. Wife is kinda pushing the issue as I'm kinda happy with my 2001 F150 Crew but whatever. I've got a short list of what I'm considering. Price range seems to be between $30,000 to about $36,000

Ford Flex (Too boxy and large for me but this is my wifes fave :unsure: )

Ford Edge

Nissan Murano

Toyota Highlander(highly rated). Would love to get the hybrid version of this but a bit pricey

Dodge/Chrysler not a option. Never liked them no matter how good the deal is.

I'm easy to please for the most part. All I want is a decent mp3 setup. Dependability. Must be comfortable! Good storage.

Plan to test drive all of these but would like some real world, practical feedback on any of these. Also, has anyone used "New Car Price Reports" from Consumer Reports? $14 a model. Just wondering if its worth it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should check out a Subaru Forester, the base model of which I'm purchasing within the week. They have a nice tricked- up trim around $28,000. You should take a test drive.

If you are looking at a Murano or a Highlander, why not consider a VUE or Outlook?

Checked the Outlook at Consumer Reports and they give it a pretty good rating. Not the same for the Vue though. Not a real big GM guy but would try the Outlook. Not even sure if Saturn is GM anymore is it? I think Penske bought either all of it or just the dealers or something. I'm kinda leaning to Ford because of them being US based and also brand loyalty. Never any trouble with the two F150's Ive owned.

Aren't you hurting the enviroment by buying a new vehicle? 2001 vehicle is not that old and it (that Ford you have) probably gets in the teens milelagewise (is it 4x4?) if not even higher?? What I am saying isn't the carbon footprint to build a new vehicle worse than just driving your old one?

:unsure:

Aren't you hurting the enviroment by buying a new vehicle? 2001 vehicle is not that old and it (that Ford you have) probably gets in the teens milelagewise (is it 4x4?) if not even higher?? What I am saying isn't the carbon footprint to build a new vehicle worse than just driving your old one?

:wallbash:

Your Ed Begley now? Why is everything so complicated? :unsure:

btw we went to LA this weekend. I filled the truck up before we left to come back and the fuel light was on so it was almost empty. Went 350 miles and the fuel light came on again just before we got home so had to fill up again. Approx 16.6 mpg and thats all highway.

Your Ed Begley now? Why is everything so complicated? :wallbash:

btw we went to LA this weekend. I filled the truck up before we left to come back and the fuel light was on so it was almost empty. Went 350 miles and the fuel light came on again just before we got home so had to fill up again. Approx 16.6 mpg and thats all highway.

:lol::lol:

Because I am complicated.

:D

Will you get the 4500 bucks or is the truck worth more?

I went with the Mazda CX-9. I liked it a lot better than the Highlander which is a solid but very boring looking car to me. I also liked the Nissan Murano but the Mazda has significantly more interior room. Depending on how much room you need, the CX-7 is a scaled down version of the CX-9 and offers a lot of car for the money, IMO. Good luck.

You should check out a Subaru Forester, the base model of which I'm purchasing within the week. They have a nice tricked- up trim around $28,000. You should take a test drive.

Seconded, test drove one a few weeks ago and loved it.

I just bought a Hyundai Veracruz...very nice , lots of car for the money. It compares to the Lexus RX 350.

Here is a little dated link, but still releveant I believe, comparing the two in 08. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1...x350/index.html

I bought the Limited trim, and a nav system,xm was already installed,but no DVD system. Even with that, the delta was close to $14K from the Lexus..I think Hyundai is being a bit more aggresive than Lexus in pricing now a days.

Anyone going through a mid-life crisis like me and own a Solstice? I'm about to head to the dealer and decrease my penis size by several inches.

My wife has already given me permission to get my mid-life crisis car ... a Dodge Challenger ... now I'm just waiting for my daughter to get old enough to get out of a car seat and buckle herself in.

Toyota Highlander(highly rated). Would love to get the hybrid version of this but a bit pricey

We bought a Highlander earlier this year and are very satisfied. No need to pay the insane premium for the hybrid as it doesn't get any better gas mileage than the regular model.

We bought a Highlander earlier this year and are very satisfied. No need to pay the insane premium for the hybrid as it doesn't get any better gas mileage than the regular model.

is it a hybrid between a car that runs and a car that doesn't? :rolleyes:

Anyone going through a mid-life crisis like me and own a Solstice? I'm about to head to the dealer and decrease my penis size by several inches.

Dude get a saturn sky if you're looking at something like a solstice. Much better vehicle