[closed]Bills not interested in Vick

http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/747016.html

You can count out the Buffalo Bills as a potential suitor for Michael Vick.

Russ Brandon, the team's chief operating officer/general manager, told The Buffalo News today that the Bills aren't interested in bringing in the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

"We wouldn't have any interest at this time," Brandon said. "We're comfortable with our roster as it stands right now."

Third-year quarterback Trent Edwards is the Bills' starter and he's backed up by fourth-year quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and Gibran Hamdan, a third-year player from Indiana.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated Vick on Monday, with conditions. Free after serving 18 months in prison for running a dog-fighting ring, Vick could participate in regular-season games as early as October.

Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games, if a team is willing.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell, a native of Jamestown, said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week Six.

All these guys ranging from Dungy to TO are saying that Vick should get re-instated, that he served his time, paid his debt, and he has a right to make a living.

Lets not forget that he was convicted of illegal gambling first and foremost.

So lets say I am an accountant, lawyer, doctor, public official of any sort, and job where integrity matters and I have a responsibility to maintain an ethical standard or positively represent an organization. Now I get convicted of illegal gambling and spend two years in prison.

If I am a CPA, I may lose my license and never get a job as an accountant again. If I am a Lawyer, I may get disbarred and never work as a lawyer again. I still have a right to make a living and can probably get work in any number of lower level positions, but I don't have a right (legally or morally) to necessarily work in the same profession again. The employers have rights too and can choose to not hire me as it could be a risk (of further bad activity on my part) or a public relations challenge they do not wish to deal with.

So I don't see why Vick should get re-instated at all? The NFL does not owe him a living, and he is a PR nightmare just waiting to happen. He is heavily in debt and has a history of lying and consorting with illegal gamblers. He is a risk the NFL should not take, and they are not obligated to take.

He evidently has found productive work as a construction worker. Let him work there and live a life as most of us live. He has no right to regain his status as a multi-millionaire football player.

The Bills weren't interested in getting a starter to replace Keith Ellison, and waited four years to obtain a decent DT, so where's the surprise?

The strange thing is, they clearly were interested in getting a starter to replace Keith Ellison. Look at the parade of OLBs they brought in during the offseason.

They just couldn't sign any of them.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.