Why Does Transportation To And From Camp Suck So Bad?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training camp is free. They don't have to do anything to please you. Gas costs a million dollars and they only charge you $1 dollar for the bus ride. Stop complaining. Just be happy they provide transportation for you.

If they charged admission, then we could talk.

Why has this changed! It's so aggravating being taken to a training camp in an unairconditioned bus!! :wallbash:

While I tend to agree with ans, the bus should be air conditioned, IMO. Of course, once you get off the bus, you are outside, so suck it up, Steely.

Training camp is free. They don't have to do anything to please you. Gas costs a million dollars and they only charge you $1 dollar for the bus ride. Stop complaining. Just be happy they provide transportation for you.

If they charged admission, then we could talk.

They have to provide transportation because STF doesn't have enough parking.

It worked before with RTS buses. Charge me two bucks then.

While I tend to agree with ans, the bus should be air conditioned, IMO. Of course, once you get off the bus, you are outside, so suck it up, Steely.

its raining

no ac

no reclining seats

you big wuss

You guys are just pissed about the sheep thread!! :wallbash:

Why has this changed! It's so aggravating being taken to a training camp in an unairconditioned bus!! :wallbash:

RTS buses are no longer allowed to be used for shuttles at Bills camp, because the Federal government passed a law that prohibits federally-funded transit systems (like RTS) from providing service to sporting events or other events that would only incidentally serve the general public. The law was intended to ensure that publicly funded transit systems don't infringe on the private charter bus industry

Thus, no more air-conditioned rides to St. John Fisher College. It is not because Old Man Wilson is cheap, it is because they are now required to pay for a charter service.

RTS buses are no longer allowed to be used for shuttles at Bills camp, because the Federal government passed a law that prohibits federally-funded transit systems (like RTS) from providing service to sporting events or other events that would only incidentally serve the general public. The law was intended to ensure that publicly funded transit systems don't infringe on the private charter bus industry

Thus, no more air-conditioned rides to St. John Fisher College. It is not because Old Man Wilson is cheap, it is because they are now required to pay for a charter service.

Yeah, a friend of mine heard something about that but couldn't explain it. Thanks.

I've ridden in charter buses that were air conditioned. Perhaps all the charter buses I have ridden in, as an adult, have been air conditioned.

Shhhh! I'm trying to convince people Wilson isn't cheap. Maybe the air-conditioned charter's were all busy for the next 3 weeks.

I'm guessing it was just sloppy contracting. The Bills probably got the best price they could (proper biz practice), but forgot to stipulate a minimum level of comfort and service (sloppy contracting). It may never have occurred to an exec at One Bills Drive that a company in WNY would offer buses without air conditioning. These days, it seems as standard as a steering wheel, and brakes.

I have been to camp every year since they moved to St. John Fisher, and yes the transportation has declined, but I don't see how one can complain. You park for free, round trip to and from the college for a measley $1 and camp is free. The ride is what maybe 7-10 minutes long? I come up each year from Virginia, where if I so desired I could go to Redskins camp and pay to park, pay to get into the camp and probably not have all the things set up for kids as well as food vendors, etc. Each year the Bills camp is regarded as one of if not the most fan friendly in the NFL, so "suffering" through a couple minutes of uncomfortable bus ride is the least of my worries. Go Bills!

I have been to camp every year since they moved to St. John Fisher, and yes the transportation has declined, but I don't see how one can complain. You park for free, round trip to and from the college for a measley $1 and camp is free. The ride is what maybe 7-10 minutes long? I come up each year from Virginia, where if I so desired I could go to Redskins camp and pay to park, pay to get into the camp and probably not have all the things set up for kids as well as food vendors, etc. Each year the Bills camp is regarded as one of if not the most fan friendly in the NFL, so "suffering" through a couple minutes of uncomfortable bus ride is the least of my worries. Go Bills!

The Redskins stopped charging because.

From this article;

Under NFL rules, scouts and other officials from other teams can't attend practice if it's free. But if there's a charge, they can pay and sit in the stands like everyone else.

And they did, on a daily basis during the last four weeks at Redskins Park.

:wallbash:

If they want more than a handful of people showing up then they do.

They hold practice. They essentially say, "Hey, we're having practice, if anyone wants to watch us then go ahead, we're at St. John Fisher College."

They hold practice. They essentially say, "Hey, we're having practice, if anyone wants to watch us then go ahead, we're at St. John Fisher College."

To be fair, it is a little more than that. This is a PR move by the Bills, and they use it as such. They make plans, schedule lots and buses, etc. It isn't something they have to do, but it is something they WANT to do, and they get plenty of mileage out of it. It behooves them to pay some attention to fan comfort if they count on positive PR.