Random, anonymous scout rips Maybin

I disagree. This is about Gholston only:

This is clearly a statement about both Gholston and Maybin:

As the rest follows that comparison, it seems to me he is speaking of both Gholston and Maybin when he says:

If he isn't talking about Maybin (as well as Gholston), who are "they". He calls them both "one trick-ponies" and goes on to say "one-trick ponies without any heart..." Where do you see him specifically exclude Maybin from that last characterization?

I feel pretty confident in my reading interpretation abilities, and I stand by what I say. We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's pretty clear he's speaking about Gholston. In fact, the whole thing is about Gholston, and he's simply making a comparison of him to another big 10 guy playing the same position in order to convey a sense of his physical skills (or lack thereof). It reads to me like he's rounding the conversation back to the original subject -- Gholston -- and he doesn't think much of Gholston (for whatever reason).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel pretty confident in my reading interpretation abilities, and I stand by what I say. We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's pretty clear he's speaking about Gholston. In fact, the whole thing is about Gholston, and he's simply making a comparison of him to another big 10 guy playing the same position in order to convey a sense of his physical skills (or lack thereof). It reads to me like he's rounding the conversation back to the original subject -- Gholston -- and he doesn't think much of Gholston (for whatever reason).

You MAY be right, but there is nothing that is clear about that, at all.

To call people out for misreading the quote suggests the interpretation is obvious, It is far from that. I can't see why he would drag Maybin into the conversation, denounce both him and Gholston, simply to ignore Maybin for the final point. It is possible that he did, as you note, but you may be misreading this, too.

I hate when people say that. he had one good year. Thats bull. The stats only said that based on sacks and tackles ect. he still was a very very good DE throughout his college career. Lets face it if he ONLY had 1 good year, do we really think he would of been #11 overall. Basically thats what some of the "analysts" say. So basically they say you only need ONE year of great production and your first round material. Thats how stupid they sound.

And how can they say things like that right now. Kid hasn't even played in full pads yet. Hes not even in TC. Wait until then, then you make a judgement.