Steve Johnson, Copeland Bryan Hurt

Pitta

thanks for the info!

Confused by the 'headline' in the Johnson blurb.

Here's what was written:

Steve Johnson didn’t practice Monday and head coach Dick Jauron explained why.

Jauron said Johnson suffered some rib cartilage damage and is very sore, but x-rays on Johnson’s ribs were negative.

yet the title is:

WR Johnson could be out a while

This is why I don't get why people have such a problem with the way Jauron runs camp. What is the purpose of beating up our players in July/ August?

Sucks about Johnson and hope it isn't too serious. As for Bryan, he probably wasn't making the team anyways. I don't think I ever saw him come close to making a play. He was just sort of there.

Rib cartilage injury is bad news.

So early in training camp and guys already going down. When are we gonna get some REAL trainers and conditioning coaches ???

Our parade of hurt players year after year is reaching comical levels. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

No biggie on the Copeland injury. He's a scrub. Bad news on Stevie Styles. It better not be too serious

rub some dirt on it. p-ssy.

No cracked ribs but it is very painful and will take 4 to 6 weeks to heal up. He won't be able to raise his arms up above his head to make catches due to the pain. They will "tape him" with a very tight ace type bandage all around his chest. I had the same thing from a basketball game and it hurts to take a deep breath. He'll be back strong.

So early in training camp and guys already going down. When are we gonna get some REAL trainers and conditioning coaches ???

Our parade of hurt players year after year is reaching comical levels. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

No biggie on the Copeland injury. He's a scrub. Bad news on Stevie Styles. It better not be too serious

Didn't they change S&C coach 3 or 4 years ago then we saw a string of brutal seasons (2007 seemed like the entire defense was on the bench by week 5) or am I misremembering?

This is why I don't get why people have such a problem with the way Jauron runs camp. What is the purpose of beating up our players in July/ August?

Sucks about Johnson and hope it isn't too serious. As for Bryan, he probably wasn't making the team anyways. I don't think I ever saw him come close to making a play. He was just sort of there.

I wouldn't guess you would hurt the cartilage in your ribs by beating each other up. That is more common of an injury in just twisting the wrong way, maybe going for a reception. Normally just a freak thing, not from any contact.

So if he was in great shape, he wouldn't get hurt? Incredible. This is football they are playing.

No cracked ribs but it is very painful and will take 4 to 6 weeks to heal up. He won't be able to raise his arms up above his head to make catches due to the pain. They will "tape him" with a very tight ace type bandage all around his chest. I had the same thing from a basketball game and it hurts to take a deep breath. He'll be back strong.

That's the start of the regular season, so much for camp.

Dude, changing trainers and/or conditioning coaches isn't going to change these types of injuries. Newsflash, this is football, injuries like this are going to happen regardless. It is all a matter of which team will be luckiest with the fewest injuries.