Greatest Hole-in-one Ever

I know that I am by no means an expert on the rules of golf (I just break them at my convenience anyway) but I would hve thought that did not count given it was off another player's ball.

It counts. That's why you mark your ball when you're on the green.

But, being purely an accident, it's nowhere as amazing as this bowling shot...

link

19-5. By Another Ball

• a. At Rest

If a player’s ball in motion after a stroke is deflected or stopped by a ball in play and at rest, the player must play his ball as it lies. In match play, there is no penalty. In stroke play, there is no penalty unless both balls lay on the putting green prior to the stroke, in which case the player incurs a penalty of two strokes.

I know that I am by no means an expert on the rules of golf (I just break them at my convenience anyway) but I would hve thought that did not count given it was off another player's ball.

yeah he plays it where it lies....if they both hit from the green and he hit the other ball, then the player that was hit gets to place his ball as close to the original spot as he can...its the person puttings responsibility to ask for a ball to be marked

1. I hope he gave the other player a ride back to the clubhouse.

2. Where does the ricochetee play his ball from? I'm assuming were it finally came to rest?

Don't think I've ever seen anyone tee off and then mark his/her ball before the next tee shot. Although it might be an option, but would take about an hour for a 4 some on a par 3...

As far as greatest hole-in-one ever, I wouldn't go that far. Maybe luckiest or most fortunate, but still pretty cool...

Don't think I've ever seen anyone tee off and then mark his/her ball before the next tee shot. Although it might be an option, but would take about an hour for a 4 some on a par 3...

As far as greatest hole-in-one ever, I wouldn't go that far. Maybe luckiest or most fortunate, but still pretty cool...

As opposed to all of those other holes-in-one that don't involve luck?

As opposed to all of those other holes-in-one that don't involve luck?

Sorry, but the shot is 10 feet from the hole if it doesn't hit the ball. A good shot, yes. But with a lucky bounce, a great shot. I know I can't get the ball to spin like that, I would consider it skill. An average golfer getting a hole in one is probably more luck, but I have to give credit to a pro...

But, being purely an accident, it's nowhere as amazing as this bowling shot...

link

hehe the guy drunkedly palmed the ball causing extra hook...--only way to make that shot.