Before I cause uneccessary(?) issues...lemme axe y'all's opini

The Poojer

k...so tomorrow is our swim season championship meets...my son, Killian, made it to 'champs' and one of the things the coaches asked the swimmers to do was make a 'secret friend' bag, kind of like a secret santa thing. Instructions were to go to the dollar store and spend 5-10 bucks and just get fun stuff, basically to show support for the teammates and just keep them loose. So my kids go with their mom this weekend. Killian asks if she can take him to the dollar store to get stuff for this gift bag....she say's no problem....please note this is the 9-11 year old age group. I found out tonight that the ex, decides to go to bath and body works to use her gift card and gets her some lotion instead....I think this is completely inappropriate for the situation at hand...and also for a gift between 10-11 year olds.....

What are y'all's thoughts.....I am planning on going to the dollar store and doing what was originally asked of us. Do I make a big deal of it to the ex? I am not good at confrontation and try to avoid it at all cost....but I am just really taken aback by it....

Sorry if this seems like a minor issue and I am making waaaaaay to much out of it...but like i said....i prefer peace and harmony...even when i really don't need to worry about it anymore.....

Thanks for any input or feedback anyone is willing to offer up.

k...so tomorrow is our swim season championship meets...my son, Killian, made it to 'champs' and one of the things the coaches asked the swimmers to do was make a 'secret friend' bag, kind of like a secret santa thing. Instructions were to go to the dollar store and spend 5-10 bucks and just get fun stuff, basically to show support for the teammates and just keep them loose. So my kids go with their mom this weekend. Killian asks if she can take him to the dollar store to get stuff for this gift bag....she say's no problem....please note this is the 9-11 year old age group. I found out tonight that the ex, decides to go to bath and body works to use her gift card and gets her some lotion instead....I think this is completely inappropriate for the situation at hand...and also for a gift between 10-11 year olds.....

What are y'all's thoughts.....I am planning on going to the dollar store and doing what was originally asked of us. Do I make a big deal of it to the ex? I am not good at confrontation and try to avoid it at all cost....but I am just really taken aback by it....

Sorry if this seems like a minor issue and I am making waaaaaay to much out of it...but like i said....i prefer peace and harmony...even when i really don't need to worry about it anymore.....

Thanks for any input or feedback anyone is willing to offer up.

Well...you not only have to 'worry' about your ex, you also have to 'worry' about the boy. What message are you sending if you take him and get some appropriate bag stuffers?

Do you know what he thinks about the lotion (it rubs the lotion on its skin)? If not, ask him if he thinks you should add a couple things to the bag. He may tell you that he thinks lotion is a gay idea (or maybe a gift that makes him feel uncomfortable) and ask for your help, you never know.

As for the exwifey...if you can keep any bag alterations between you and the boy I would go that route, but that's just me.

I think 11 year old boys are real sympathetic and understanding and might appreciate the lotions, and I'm sure that they wouldn't tease your boy if they found out that he gave to the lotion ...

Go to the dollar store and get some appropriate stuff

Who is taking the kids to the swim meet? If it's you, just buy the stuff you had planned on and give it to the kids to share. Toss the lotion in drawer. If she mentions it, tell her what you did and why.

Lotion for a 10 year old? That's almost as exciting as socks on Christmas morning.

in fairness the recipient is a girl, so while it may be a gender appropriate gift and one which she may very well like, i just don't think it is age appropriate or situationally appropriate. this was really supposed to be just a bag of stuff, a ceremonial 'support your teammate' thing.....

btw.....her mom is SMOKIN' hot!!!! happily married, but holy crap is she hot.....

Who is taking the kids to the swim meet? If it's you, just buy the stuff you had planned on and give it to the kids to share. Toss the lotion in drawer. If she mentions it, tell her what you did and why.

Lotion for a 10 year old? That's almost as exciting as socks on Christmas morning.

Nope ... socks would be more exciting unless the lotion is involved in the event alluded to by SageAM earlier.