Do you still feel like football is still so far away?

Even though the Bills have already opened up training camp and have the first pre-season game I still feel that football is so far away. I really don't care about Pre-season or training camp and I can't manufacture any sort of real interest in it. The only thing I care about as far as training camp is getting the draft picks signed.

I mean real football that counts is still over a month and a half away. Monday September 14th seems so far away. Sure Pre-season games and the Madden Football game can wet my appetite for football but it all still seems so far away. But Pre-season doesn't hold much stock with me I only care that no one gets hurt and the team looks OK.

Does any still feel as if the season is just still far away?

Even though the Bills have already opened up training camp and have the first pre-season game I still feel that football is so far away. I really don't care about Pre-season or training camp and I can't manufacture any sort of real interest in it. The only thing I care about as far as training camp is getting the draft picks signed.

I mean real football that counts is still over a month and a half away. Monday September 14th seems so far away. Sure Pre-season games and the Madden Football game can wet my appetite for football but it all still seems so far away. But Pre-season doesn't hold much stock with me I only care that no one gets hurt and the team looks OK.

NO WAY... Love waking up and seeing lots of articles to read and enjoy going to Rochester for training camp.... I wait all year for the bills to get back on the feild..

I love the beginning of camp and the preseason. So much potential, so much hope, and so much anticipation. The regular season will be here before you know it :beer:

Guest dog14787
I love the beginning of camp and the preseason. So much potential, so much hope, and so much anticipation. The regular season will be here before you know it :beer:

Personally, I enjoy seeing our younger players play in the preseason because they represent the depth and future of the Buffalo Bills. Now waiting for training camp and preseason on the other hand seems like forever.

It's football season for chrissakes! The pads are on. Quit whining.

Try to enjoy each day and week leading up to the season opener. Think of it as foreplay for the 2009 season. This is like the joy and revelry that leads up to Christmas day. Cherish it. Hope springs eternal at this time of year.

When the games start counting, it's amazing how fast the season flys by. Before you know it, we'll be in week 10, thinking, "gee, only six more games".

At least it's not the grey skies of February, with another disappointing season painfully laid to rest. This is the time of year when expectations are their highest.

Go Bills!

In answer to the question posed in this thread, personally, no. It feels like football is right here, right now.

I agree with the previous four posters...live in the moment which is training camp...and enjoy it. As DML wrote so eloquently,

"When the games start counting, it's amazing how fast the season flys by. Before you know it, we'll be in week 10, thinking, "gee, only six more games".

At least it's not the grey skies of February, with another disappointing season painfully laid to rest. This is the time of year when expectations are their highest."

My "Bills family" always comments on how once training camp starts, the summer and autumn flies by and seemingly in the blink of an eye, we're shopping for Christmas presents. I'm eating up the reports, photos, and video of the last two days. The season will be here soon enough.

No way, I love the Bills since I first started watching them in the O.J. era in the early 70's at the old rock pile.I look forward to the opening of training camp and the preseason even though I might be in the minority.The time that I think football is far away is in late April after the draft (which I also look forward to) till the start of camp because the OTA'S are the thing that bores me the most.I just can't get excited over players in shorts. That really does'nt show me anything because I could do that and Iam 44 years old,fat and out of shape, LOL.But only if I had a beer or two so to speak.But yea I can see where you are coming from the presaeson games can be a little dull because they don't really mean anything except for the players trying to make the team but I like to see what we have from the new guys as well.I would like to say that there is nothing like the real season but the preseason does bridge the gap for me.

Are you kidding me....the season has STARTED

I love this time of year...it still summer, Bills have started camp.

And to top it off, the Bills and the Titans play the first game of the new season. Sweet

The Bills first preseason game is less than 2 weeks away and I cant wait to see all the new players play.

We have to go threw it so way not enjoy every minute.

When the games start counting, it's amazing how fast the season flys by. Before you know it, we'll be in week 10, thinking, "gee, only six more games".

Just this once, during week 10, I'd like to be thinking 'man, only six weeks left until the REAL show starts'