language question

Orientated. Hell the spell check even accepts it. I guess it is considered OK. Why? What happened to "oriented"?

Well, it is a word. It's just that no one uses it correctly. Ninety-nine percent of the time they should use oriented but some how in the today's culture it has become widely used. Same goes for supposably as opposed to supposedly. People are stupid, and getting dumber by the minute.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off a phone interview and I swear i detected hints of "axe" which definitely stuck out, but did not detract from the professional attitude she displayed on the phone.....but with this thread fresh in my mind....i could not help but be slightly distracted by it, slightly

I just got off a phone interview and I swear i detected hints of "axe" which definitely stuck out, but did not detract from the professional attitude she displayed on the phone.....but with this thread fresh in my mind....i could not help but be slightly distracted by it, slightly

She was doing the interview?

yeah, i am unemployed so me conducting interviews would be kind of useless :unsure:

Would be kinda funny though.....So what you are saying is that someone who may have used "axe" in her vocabulary is in a position to hire someone? That can't be true.

i guess if Kramer can get an intern......

it can be true......and she was a (shhhhhhh...........) woman....... :unsure:

Would be kinda funny though.....So what you are saying is that someone who may have used "axe" in her vocabulary is in a position to hire someone? That can't be true.