language question

i love getting resumes from people with email addresses in them like sxybklyngal28@yahoo.com

really people? You can't spend 5 minutes to get a new free email to help you get a job?

Ha ha......a while back in our local classified section there was a woman selling a used mattress and the contact e-mail was something like bigsexy69@gmail.com Yah I want that mattress. :rolleyes:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this was mentioned I didn't read the whole thread but the thing that kills me most is this one. It's usually said way to loudly into a cell phone in public someplace. It goes like this:

"Where you at!?"

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned I didn't read the whole thread but the thing that kills me most is this one. It's usually said way to loudly into a cell phone in public someplace. It goes like this:

"Where you at!?"

:rolleyes:

WHO'S AXING?

Ha ha......a while back in our local classified section there was a woman selling a used mattress and the contact e-mail was something like bigsexy69@gmail.com Yah I want that mattress. :rolleyes:

hehehehehehehehehehhe

"Where you at!?"

:wallbash:

How about the response if you don't know the caller...

"Who this be?"

No. Why is it ignorant?

How do you explain what the word vernacular means? Ever hear of the word?

Main Entry:1ver·nac·u·lar

Pronunciation:\və®-ˈna-kyə-lər\

Function:adjective

Etymology:Latin vernaculus native, from verna slave born in the master's house, native

Date:1601

1 a: using a language or dialect native to a region or country rather than a literary, cultured, or foreign language b: of, relating to, or being a nonstandard language or dialect of a place, region, or country c: of, relating to, or being the normal spoken form of a language

2: applied to a plant or animal in the common native speech as distinguished from the Latin nomenclature of scientific classification <the vernacular name>

3: of, relating to, or characteristic of a period, place, or group ; especially : of, relating to, or being the common building style of a period or place <vernacular architecture>

— ver·nac·u·lar·ly adverb

As in Black English Vernacular... Ie: Ebonics.

I suppose the English would take all Americans to task (no doubt they do) for not speaking the "Queen's English."

As much as people don't like it, ax(e) is becoming ask. Just as other words get butchered. It is not just street talk anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

I dont care what the vernacular is. When you are out with your friends drinking some beers, you can "axe" them all the things you want. If you are interviewing for a job or applying for an apartment/rental, the appropriate way to conduct yourself is in a professional manner, which does NOT include the word axe. Present yourself professionally. Speak professionally. Don't be ignorant.

i love getting resumes from people with email addresses in them like sxybklyngal28@yahoo.com

really people? You can't spend 5 minutes to get a new free email to help you get a job?

We really had a good debate at work over whether to hire rocknkitten_69.