Steelers the Best in the NFL? You gotta say yes.

ICE

;)

Nothing can change in half a season.

108620[/snapback]

Huh? Steelers only lost 1 game and that was with Maddox in there. Amazing what happens when you get an immoble QB that can't make quick decisions out of the lineup :w00t:

so lets break this down...

Defense

Pitt Very good Defense

Buff Great D

Special Teams

Pitt Good ST's

Buff now GREAT ST's

Offense

Pitt Great running game

Buff Now great running game

Pitt great play from a ROOKIE QB.

Buff .....Buff......Buff.... Well Nuff said

Now I know someone will add in "pitt = great OL" Really? It wasn't great for Maddox last year nor in the game they lost. MAN! They sure became probowlers when Rothlesburger took over. :D

#3 Defense in football, Handed not a loss but BEAT DOWNS on the two undefeated teams left.  I think you saw the Superbowl played yesterday. Philly v Pitt

108618[/snapback]

If things stay like they are, i agree-from what little I've been following. Pitt looks good. I made the same remark about Pitt-Philly yesterday.

Keep in mind though, the Bills SB "1" we beat the Giants.

;)

Huh?  Steelers only lost 1 game and that was with Maddox in there. Amazing what happens when you get an immoble QB that can't make quick decisions out of the lineup  :w00t:

Defense

Pitt  Very good Defense

Buff  Great D

Special Teams

Pitt  Good ST's

Buff  now GREAT ST's

Offense

Pitt  Great running game

Buff  Now great running game

Buff .....Buff......Buff....  Well Nuff said

Now I know someone will add in "pitt = great OL"  Really? It wasn't great for Maddox last year nor in the game they lost. MAN! They sure became probowlers when Rothlesburger took over.  :D

108627[/snapback]

It is in reference to there being 8 games left and the Steelers could lose every starter on their team to injury in the 2nd half of the season. Same is true of all the current contenders. We see this every year and every year some team that is near the top at this point falls apart while some team that started off like crap starts lighting it up.

Before you lose your mind and accuse me of something I'm not saying, I agree that at this point of the season they are playing the best FB of any team. Let me be the first to say Super Bowls aren't won in November. Kind of like the World Series isn't won in June/July, right BF?

Your argument that Rothlesburger is the difference is your typical shortsightedness because it fits the argument you are trying to make. There are many reasons they are playing better and he is but one of them.

#3 Defense in football, Handed not a loss but BEAT DOWNS on the two undefeated teams left.  I think you saw the Superbowl played yesterday. Philly v Pitt

108618[/snapback]

I think they are the suprise team of the season just like Carolina last year. I was figuring Big Ben might start hot but now he is showin really veteran like abilities. Its good to finally see the Bills running the offense they said they would with smashmouth running and with that Drew may be good enough to help but really cant wait till we can see JP and maybe all these folks thinking we wasted another #1( Oh yeah Willis was claimed that last year) will start getting excited about this team.

I'm not quite ready to totally agree just yet Ice. They haven't really been tested by a good team on the road. They are certainly playing well, no doubts there. I would like to see how they react to being down late, see how they respond. That being said, I think they win that division....

;)

Huh?  Steelers only lost 1 game and that was with Maddox in there. Amazing what happens when you get an immoble QB that can't make quick decisions out of the lineup  :w00t:

Defense

Pitt  Very good Defense

Buff  Great D

Special Teams

Pitt  Good ST's

Buff  now GREAT ST's

Offense

Pitt  Great running game

Buff  Now great running game

Buff .....Buff......Buff....  Well Nuff said

Now I know someone will add in "pitt = great OL"  Really? It wasn't great for Maddox last year nor in the game they lost. MAN! They sure became probowlers when Rothlesburger took over.  :D

108627[/snapback]

The steelers are less than a pimple on the ass of the patriots despite the win against them. Do you think, after breaking the record, that NE was due for a bad game? :lol:;):o

Coaching matters too. Cowher has lost what, 3 title games (one to Bledsoe) at home? BB blows him away.

Btw, Seattle imo is also clearly superior to Pitt. As AD says, let the 2nd half play out, no?

The Playoffs are played almost 2 months from now...let's see if the Steelers can play this well for 2 more months...I doubt it. They're peaking at the wrong time...some other team will end up peaking in Dec./Jan...and that team will end up in the SB as the AFC representative...my guess, the Pats.

F*ck the Steelers...this is a Buffalo Bills board.

108703[/snapback]

LOL. Tell that to all the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Patriots and whoever else posters that reside hereabouts.

But mention to someone that they can get an easy answer to a question by hitting Google-and one must be banned for not being part of the Bill's family. Let alone suggest that 45 Cardinals posts a day sort of detract from the Buffalo Bills theme.

Scott, NG (you Old Polock, you), I should be banned from this board. Sorry for ruining things. My bad. Didn't mean to. Long live T-Bone's contributions.

Now I know someone will add in "pitt = great OL" Really? It wasn't great for Maddox last year nor in the game they lost. MAN! They sure became probowlers when Rothlesburger took over.

Roethlisberger (or however the hell you spell it) had absolutely nothing to do with the worldclass beatdown the Stiller OLine has administered to the Pats' and Iggles' Front7's the last two weeks. There was so much space to run, they could have dropped yet another safety down and the 9 guys still wouldn't have been enough.

BTW, of those 6 starters on the Stiller OLine, 5 of them are Donahoe guys; KeydrickV (or however the hell you spell it:-) at RG being the only exception.

Personally I don't think P'burgh is as good as most are hyping them to be. I just think they happened to match up really well with a pair of undefeated teams at home who happened to be banged up. They don't match up nearly as well with the Baltimores, Buffalos and Jacksonville's of the world.

Roethlisberger (or however the hell you spell it) had absolutely nothing to do with the worldclass beatdown the Stiller OLine has administered to the Pats' and Iggles' Front7's the last two weeks. There was so much space to run, they could have dropped yet another safety down and the 9 guys still wouldn't have been enough.

BTW, of those 6 starters on the Stiller OLine, 5 of them are Donahoe guys; KeydrickV (or however the hell you spell it:-) at RG being the only exception.

Personally I don't think P'burgh is as good as most are hyping them to be. I just think they happened to match up really well with a pair of undefeated teams at home who happened to be banged up. They don't match up nearly as well with the Baltimores, Buffalos and Jacksonville's of the world.

108762[/snapback]

'Specially Baltimore. I've got that second game circled on my calendar.

They probably feel OK. They are trying to build a football team, and might be doing it.

108719[/snapback]

Right on. Some of the playcalls still baffle me...

(Direct quote from yesterday: "what the F#&! is Jabari Greer doing in the game on offense?!?!?")

...but unlike GreggW, it seems like they're willing to learn from their mistakes.

I'll be surprised if the Steelers go better than 4-4 from here on out. They have played very well and things have gone VERY fortunate for them. Big Ben is good but he is NOT going 14-1. They have perhaps played the best ball so far. It's about to stop. 11-5 is a great season for that team.

Guest Guest_Greg de'Ville_*
I'll be surprised if the Steelers go better than 4-4 from here on out. They have played very well and things have gone VERY fortunate for them. Big Ben is good but he is NOT going 14-1. They have perhaps played the best ball so far. It's about to stop. 11-5 is a great season for that team.

108771[/snapback]

Oh, I believe the Steelers should be in prime shape for home field throughout. That's what they're playing for and they've got a lot going for them now. Namely, a two-game AFC Norris lead on Baltimore, and a head-to-head win over NE.

They've been a treat to watch the last two weeks, that's for shore. The holes their OLs were opening through the Iggle DLs Sunday could have moved three Buses through. And, if there's a team out there whose WRs block better than Pgh's I'd like to know.

Big Ben did throw a pick into zone coverage, and he misfired on a Bus handoff which Philly recovered. Otherwise, he was dead-on solid. Those first three drives, all more than 60 yards, resulted in TDs, sandwiched around a pair of 3-and-outs by the Iggle offense. 21-0 early 2nd quarter. Ballgame.

I'm wondering how bad they feel that Mularkey and Clements aren't there this year. :D

Wonder how Clements and Mularkey feel about not being there.  :w00t:

108718[/snapback]

But I wonder how they would be doing if they had a QB like Big Ben to work with instead of an alledged QB in Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox, a retread fringe NFL starter at best

Coaching matters too. Cowher has lost what, 3 title games (one to Bledsoe) at home? BB blows him away.

108702[/snapback]

The coaching situation is more complicated than that. It wasn't Belichick versus Cowher. It was Belichick versus Kordell Stewart, and Cowher versus Brady/Bledsoe. Cowher did pretty well in his chess match against Bledsoe. But Belichick versus Kordell Stewart? There is only one way a chess match like that can end. Now why on earth didn't I bet on that game? :w00t: