Darian Barnes released by Saints

I really thought this guy was a good fullback for the first few games he was with us last year. He seemed to be popular in the locker room too. Yet we cut him for no good reason and signed Corey McIntyre? CM was below average at best, IMO. I know Barnes was hurt when we cut him, but he came back and played the last half of the year with NO so it could not have been that bad.

I really thought this guy was a good fullback for the first few games he was with us last year. He seemed to be popular in the locker room too. Yet we cut him for no good reason and signed Corey McIntyre? CM was below average at best, IMO. I know Barnes was hurt when we cut him, but he came back and played the last half of the year with NO so it could not have been that bad.

Agreed. I was confused and disappointed when we released him and replaced him with McIntyre. Barnes seemed like a solid fullback and a high character guy. Not really sure why we got rid of him in the first place, although if I remember correctly he had gotten injured during the Chargers game no?

Not like it matters, there really isn't much need for a fullback on the roster. Both Barnes and McIntyre have been utilized almost exclusively for special teams duties.