Awesome wedding entrance dance

Fewell733

Okay, here's the elephant in the room that no one's mentioning:

Aside from all the goofy sh-t going on (which btw I liked, to a point), the bride does NOT come down the aisle with her dad. To me, if you're going to shake up the procession, that's one thing that you might want to keep in the mix, otherwise, why bother doing a procession where the bride comes out last anyways?

BUT, if you'll notice, when she gets to the altar, there doesn't appear to be much parental representation on her side of the church, leaving me to believe the whole thing was orchestrated in an elaborate attempt to dodge the "oh my god my future wife has parent issues and that'll make things tricky if we go the conventional route."...

...or maybe her parents are dead so her husband to be orchestrated this so it would be different and fun for her.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it oddly amusing, a guy 30 years my junior telling me about 'old sayings'. :lol:

Anyway, Young Sage, hear me now - believe me later...when you're being recorded for posterity, try not to do anything too strange that - years later - you will look back on with astonished regret.

(That goes for bell bottoms as well as body piercings, hippie hair-dos as well as purple mohawks, all kinds of strange dances, and what have you. :lol: )

EDIT: Good God!!! I'm starting to sound like Cincy!!!! ;)

While this isn't something that I would do (I'm talking about getting married of course :lol: ), I have to side with Sage on this one. Better to look back on your wedding with a touch of embarrassment because it is dated, but still have the thrill of doing something you loved at the time (and a very interesting memory) than to say "We had a very dignified wedding."

I can't say I think much of the couple's taste, but who cares what I (or you) think? The couple should make themselves happy, and try to not piss off the parents too much. Everything else is bulls#it, IMO.

While this isn't something that I would do (I'm talking about getting married of course :lol: ), I have to side with Sage on this one. Better to look back on your wedding with a touch of embarrassment because it is dated, but still have the thrill of doing something you loved at the time (and a very interesting memory) than to say "We had a very dignified wedding."

I can't say I think much of the couple's taste, but who cares what I (or you) think? The couple should make themselves happy, and try to not piss off the parents too much. Everything else is bulls#it, IMO.

Well, plus they got one of the most talked about, viral videos out of it.

Had to have done something right...

Not quite what my wedding looked like, but if that's what makes them happy, good for them.

The only real downside will be all the horrible copy cat acts.

Actually I was thinking this very thing.

The horror...

That is just plain goofy. I wonder if they will regret it like the people who wore blue ruffle tuxs and big hairdos in the seventies.

I am the only fuddy duddy that says:

"Why 'date' the function!"

:lol:

You are not the only fuddy duddy. I actually stopped watching it 30 seconds in. I just didn't find it amusing. That stuff belongs at the reception not at the church. :lol:

Respectfully disagree. Better to look back and say, "We had a beautiful, dignified wedding ceremony, and the reception was a blast!", than to say, "OMFG, I'm so embarrassed. We were so young and so stupid - we acted like f&cking clowns, hip-hopping down the aisle to...what's that song again? The one by the guy who beat the schitt out of his girlfriend? Why the hell didn't we just save the retard act for the reception?"

By your own admission, you find it in bad taste. Years from now, so will they.

JMO.

Respectfully disagree. Better to look back and say, "We had a beautiful, dignified wedding ceremony, and the reception was a blast!", than to say, "OMFG, I'm so embarrassed. We were so young and so stupid - we acted like f&cking clowns, hip-hopping down the aisle to...what's that song again? The one by the guy who beat the schitt out of his girlfriend? Why the hell didn't we just save the retard act for the reception?"

JMO.

If they make it long enough to be embarrassed, maybe they did something that helped start them on the right path. Just a point to consider.

JMO.

No, I don't find it "in bad taste". I think they HAVE bad taste (specifically in music), and are likely to have bad taste when they are older*. They could have picked a terrible traditional song, and I wold think the same thing. They are likely to always like this song, for no other reason than it made an extremely memorable wedding experience. The embarrassment won't be as you describe, but that cute bit of almost "proud" embarrassment people get when looking back at special times. Why play it safe if you can do something exceptional?

I actually think this was very well done, overall.

*(Let's remember I think most people have bad taste in music.)

EDIT: JMO, of course.

No, I don't find it "in bad taste". I think they HAVE bad taste (specifically in music), and are likely to have bad taste when they are older*. They could have picked a terrible traditional song, and I wold think the same thing. They are likely to always like this song, for no other reason than it made an extremely memorable wedding experience. The embarrassment won't be as you describe, but that cute bit of almost "proud" embarrassment people get when looking back at special times. Why play it safe if you can do something exceptional?

I actually think this was very well done, overall.

*(Let's remember I think most people have bad taste in music.)

EDIT: JMO, of course.

If you think what they did was "exceptional", then YOU have bad taste! :lol:

(Likewise, JMO.)

Me thinks that you Dean have done a lot of things that are dated... :lol:;) Just a hazard guess... :lol: