Best Trick Play

Pitta

What's so lame about that play? It's brilliant.

If you think that's brilliant, you're probably the same guy who beats up the middle school girls basketball coach because your daughter should be playing point guard, or the guy who calls the local paper to scream at the sports editor because he hasn't written an in-depth feature on your 9-year-old baseball phenom.

Priorities are out of whack here.

How, in a youth football game, does that play do any good for anybody involved?

In the pros, yes, it would be brilliant.

I think you should be banned for posting a youtube video featuring the Patriots scoring a touchdown.

And to answer your question, that play takes too long to develop, IMO. I like the reverse play, throwing back to the QB (if you have an athletic QB who can run and catch at the same time).

At the risk of further enraging you... Dan Marino's 'downing the ball to kill the clock fake' was an impressive move.

I Don't like the 'fins, but liked the creativity in that play. Does anyone know if that had been done before that?

i loved that pass to denney last year. i love when moorman fakes punts and runs it. usualy works. i remember one broken play where bledsoe fell onto the line as if he was trying to sneak it, then lumbered back a step and threw it to an open reciever. trick plays are realy fun. play-action and draw plays fall under that catagory.

For me, one of the greatest, and simplest, was Dan Marino faking a spike, against the Jets, as time was running down, and then tossing a TD to a WR in the end zone. I think Bernie Kosar was the first I ever saw do this, but Marino's play is the best known... pretty smart, I am surprised more teams don't try it...

i loved that pass to denney last year. i love when moorman fakes punts and runs it. usualy works. i remember one broken play where bledsoe fell onto the line as if he was trying to sneak it, then lumbered back a step and threw it to an open reciever. trick plays are realy fun. play-action and draw plays fall under that catagory.

If I remember correctly, it was a 4th and 1 call, and he put his head down into the line over the RG, stopped, and passed the ball backwards to McGahee who went off LT for an easy 1st down.

If I remember correctly, it was a 4th and 1 call, and he put his head down into the line over the RG, stopped, and passed the ball backwards to McGahee who went off LT for an easy 1st down.

Yes, but was it intentional? Or did he just "mulligan" it?

"Every Night" - Paul McCartney

If you think that's brilliant, you're probably the same guy who beats up the middle school girls basketball coach because your daughter should be playing point guard, or the guy who calls the local paper to scream at the sports editor because he hasn't written an in-depth feature on your 9-year-old baseball phenom.

Priorities are out of whack here.

How, in a youth football game, does that play do any good for anybody involved?

In the pros, yes, it would be brilliant.

Fair point; I wasn't really thinking about that play in the context of pee-wee football.

But to defend it in its context (a little), I guarantee you the kids who got burned on that play learned a valuable lesson, and likely won't get caught off guard again.