Harvard Scholar Arrested for Being Black

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from Whalen (then one that called): Actually, somebody else advised her to call becasue that somebody didn't have a cell phone... Isn't that how it usually goes? What I mean is somebody always gets their fear going by somebody else. The incident happened at lunch time at your neighbors house close by... I know in my neighborhood (which by far is NOT as affluent as Cambridge, MA... :rolleyes: ) I know I would go and at least check it out... But then again, I am 6'3" 250 pound guy.

Whalen:

"Now that the tapes are out, I hope people can see that I tried to be careful and honest with my words," Whalen said. "It never occurred to me that the way I reported what I saw be analyzed by an entire nation."

Ya, Ms. Whalen if Gates wouldn't have tied Crowley's pride all in a knot... And Crowley not being dragged down by Gates... We would have never heard of this story!

Maybe more like this:

Crowley: [Walking away] "Go to bed Mr. Gates you had a long trip, sorry to inconvience you protecting your home."

Then there is this:

"Cambridge police Commissioner Robert Haas acknowledged that the police report contains a reference to race, but said the report is merely a summary of events. The arresting officer, Sgt. James Crowley, has said his information on the race of the suspects came during a brief encounter with Whalen outside Gates' house; she contradicted that Wednesday, saying she made no such description"

Who is lieing or covering for who? Could it be the dispacther?

"When pressed by a dispatcher on whether the men were white, black or Hispanic, she said one of them might have been Hispanic."

Oh well... The nation's gotta have something to talk about.

And this about sums it up:

Whalen's attorney, Wendy Murphy, said the three men — Gates, Crowley and Obama — all overreacted, while Whalen kept her cool.

"The three highly trained guys who reacted badly are getting together for a beer," Murphy said. "The one person whose actions have been exemplary will be at work tomorrow in Cambridge. I don't know — maybe it's a guy thing. She doesn't like beer anyway."

Oh yes, the smoking gun! A Boston Cop is found to be racist, this doesn't bode well for Crowley. ;)

It sure doesn't.

I am not one for guilty by association... You guys on the right are more up with that. With this case of guilty by association I have to agree with you guys.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Why would you think it doesn't bode well for Crowley? That's a stretch. Why would you even bring Crowley into it. Has nothing to do with him.

because you said "This is a nice little story that adds to the dialogue about the incident." In a 20 page thread about Crowley and Gates ;)

because you said "This is a nice little story that adds to the dialogue about the incident." In a 20 page thread about Crowley and Gates :thumbsup:

So all links and discussions in this thread automatically make a statement about Crowley? Why doesn't this article make a statement about Gates? Or about Whalen? Or about Obama?

Oh, I know, because it obviously has nothing to do with them. ;) Like it had nothing to do with Crowley.

So all links and discussions in this thread automatically make a statement about Crowley? Why doesn't this article make a statement about Gates? Or about Whalen? Or about Obama?

Oh, I know, because it obviously has nothing to do with them. ;) Like it had nothing to do with Crowley.

You do know what dialogue means don't you? and I think it is safe to assume that when you say "incident" you were referring to the Gates Crowley "incident", so when you say "This is a nice little story that adds to the dialogue about the incident" well then....

:thumbsup:

You do know what dialogue means don't you? and I think it is safe to assume that when you say "incident" you were referring to the Gates Crowley "incident", so when you say "This is a nice little story that adds to the dialogue about the incident" well then....

;)

Hey... I guess you can take it the way KTFBD CRAFTED it to or the way w/I took it.

You gotta admit that the boyz in blue form a tight group... Something like what the suspended cop said is doubly uncoll because of that culture among law enforcement. You can't have it both ways, it is what it is... It is like a family shouting out from the rooftops "!@#$"... Of course the neighbors are gonna indict the whole family and say: "What the phuck is being taught under that roof."

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You gotta admit that the boyz in blue form a tight group... Something like what the suspended cop said is doubly uncoll because of that culture among law enforcement. You can't have it both ways, it is what it is... It is like a family shouting out from the rooftops "!@#$"... Of course the neighbors are gonna indict the whole family and say: "What the phuck is being taught under that roof."

What the f--- are you talking about? ;)

Please go back on the meds. You're getting even more unhinged than usual lately.

Hey... I guess you can take it the way KTFBD CRAFTED it to or the way w/I took it.

;):thumbsup:

I don't even know what you are saying.

;)

There are about 20 different storylines and dialogues that are weaving in and out of each other in this entire "incident". All I am saying is that the link I provided didn't have anything to do with Crowley himself, doesn't make him look better or worse, doesn't have anything to do with what happened in the incident, and I didn't make or imply any connection between them at all, you did.

So if the caller didn't say they were black guys...then why did the police report say two black guys with backpacks? The dispatcher didn't say that. It's hard to fathom, unless there was someone else on the scene (not yet mentioned) who gave the officer that information. Cripes. Well, tomorrow is the beer summit at the WH. Let's see how it goes.

There are about 20 different storylines and dialogues that are weaving in and out of each other in this entire "incident". All I am saying is that the link I provided didn't have anything to do with Crowley himself, doesn't make him look better or worse, doesn't have anything to do with what happened in the incident, and I didn't make or imply any connection between them at all, you did.

I know you have your opion, IMO I think it makes Crowley look worse... In fact it makes all cops look worse. I know it isn't right. If the police profile, I surely can profile a cop. Of course I am still not going to disrespect an officer I feel is not disrespecting me... Heck, I won't disrespect an officer that is disrespecting me. That is just me.

Tough, like JA said... I am a douche.

Can we at least agree on a couple things, and that is that Roscoe Parrish has little value on the Bills and that on this discussion, I was right? ;)

Can we at least agree on a couple things, and that is that Roscoe Parrish has little value on the Bills and that on this discussion, I was right? ;)

Neither. I think Parrish has a lot of value on the team, and should have a lot more value if they knew how to use him. And you were dead wrong. Repeatedly. :thumbsup:

So if the caller didn't say they were black guys...then why did the police report say two black guys with backpacks? The dispatcher didn't say that. It's hard to fathom, unless there was someone else on the scene (not yet mentioned) who gave the officer that information. Cripes. Well, tomorrow is the beer summit at the WH. Let's see how it goes.

The Cambridge police department pretty much acknowledges that Whalen never told Crowley anything about two black guys. They are now saying that the police report was a compilation of stories.

Yeah, right. If something is a compilation of stories you don't attribute a direct quote to a specific person. IMO, they are just covering their ass because they know that Crowley screwed up on the report and it makes him look bad, which it does.