Harvard Scholar Arrested for Being Black

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing in this is Crowley seems to have spent his entire life being a leader in racial equality and no matter what, he's now been slandered and will have to live with whatever accusations Gates makes against him.

True, if he had just walked away from the !@#$ he would be fine.

The sad thing in this is Crowley seems to have spent his entire life being a leader in racial equality and no matter what, he's now been slandered and will have to live with whatever accusations Gates makes against him.

Unfortunate, but ...

Is it any different for Gates? Without this arrest using the power of the State, the things Gates said tired and in anger in his own kitchen/home/porch would have remained private. My bet would be Gates never jumps from PBS to CBS after this.

Unfortunate, but ...

Is it any different for Gates? Without this arrest using the power of the State, the things Gates said tired and in anger in his own kitchen/home/porch would have remained private. My bet would be Gates never jumps from PBS to CBS after this.

the big difference is that Gates was the instigator.

I stopped reading some eight pages ago. Have you scholars resolved the question of whether or not the front porch is "inside the house" yet?

You are within the public view, so you can be charged with crimes like exposing yourself, disturbing the peace, etc...

It's clearly established law.

My assumption would be that the State would need to prove that a particular porch was public space to prosecute this.

But if you have a clearly established law on hand, I'd love to see that.

My assumption would be that the State would need to prove that a particular porch was public space to prosecute this.

But if you have a clearly established law on hand, I'd love to see that.

Want to test it? Go out on your porch, and start waving your dick at everyone that goes by. We'll see how far your argument gets you.

Want to test it? Go out on your porch, and start waving your dick at everyone that goes by. We'll see how far your argument gets you.

How about in your own living room in front of the window....

Or how about this....40 strangers walk laps on your semi-enclosed front porch with the hope they can see you do this.

It is public space after all. :wallbash:

And don't shout "get lost you malicious nutjobs" beyond your front door because this is unprotected speech and publicly tumultuous behavior.

:wallbash:

Or how about this....40 strangers walk laps on your semi-enclosed front porch with the hope they can see you do this.

And don't shout "get lost you malicious nutjobs" beyond your front door because this is unprotected speech and publicly tumultuous behavior.

Ah... I get what you're doing.

Actually if you shoot a robber in your house, you're good to go. But if he get's out the front door and onto the porch you cannot shoot him. Well at least in Virginia and Florida, because VA just changed the laws last year on that to match Florida. It used to be you couldn't shoot a "fleeing" criminal in VA, but now if he/she is still in the confines, blast away.

Actually if you shoot a robber in your house, you're good to go. But if he get's out the front door and onto the porch you cannot shoot him. Well at least in Virginia and Florida, because VA just changed the laws last year on that to match Florida. You to be you couldn't shoot a "fleeing" criminal in VA, but now if he/she is still in the confines, blast away.

In Texas you can shoot the rat basset if he's in your yard goin thru yer trash.