Harvard Scholar Arrested for Being Black

If you listened to Gates for two seconds you'd realize that he makes Urkel look like Tracey Morgan and the suggestion that he was shuckin' and jivin' like Kingfish around his house screaming "Yo Momma" while he had a bronchial infection is laughable.

Have you listened to Gates talk before? I don't think you have. I heard him talk yesterday on CNN yesterday morning, and that sounded like one angry, hate filled, chip on a shoulder dude. He was preaching yesterday to a group of black people, inciting hatred against white police officers. Both of the police officer reports cited him as saying "Yo momma" and being beligerent, and ignoring their requests to calm down and refusing to cooperate. Not only did the police officers say he was being uncooperative, so did one of his freaking neighbors. You gullible ignorant douchebag!!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you listened to Gates talk before? I don't think you have. I heard him talk yesterday on CNN yesterday morning, and that sounded like one angry, hate filled, chip on a shoulder dude. He was preaching yesterday to a group of black people, inciting hatred against white police officers. Both of the police officer reports cited him as saying "Yo momma" and being beligerent, and ignoring their requests to calm down and refusing to cooperate. Not only did the police officers say he was being uncooperative, so did one of his freaking neighbors. You gullible ignorant douchebag!!

You are a-scared of Black people, aren't you?

Yes, you are the gullible one. You must be if you buy that Crowley wouldn't identify himself to Gates because of the "acoustics of the kitchen".

I must be. Cambridge is full of nothing but racist cops, and this was Crowley's big chance to land the big fish on campus. It was probably his sister who called the cops in the first place.

Never mind that Gates' story gets more colorful as the time goes by. Never mind that the same people who say that Crowley overreacted have no issue with Gates's ongoing crusade, when all reported facts show that he was equally pig headed in his reactions.

You are a-scared of Black people, aren't you?

Dean, I can understand when one runs out of logical things to say, that they look for other alternatives to make up for what they lack in.

The only argument you have is that he is black, he was on his porch and police departments in Massachussets have been known to be racist, so your conclusion is that racism had to occur.

:thumbsup:

Where on the other side of the argument, there are two detailed reports from police officers, as you incorrectly stated yesterday, one of the police officers was hispanic, and there was a neighbor who also said that Gates was behaving beligerent and uncooperative. When I read the police reports and heard Gates speak yesterday, there was little doubt that the police officers were telling the truth.

But hey, you keep up with your absolute arguments, black man, on his porch, history of police departments in the area with racism, conclusion: RACISM!!

:rolleyes:

Where on the other side of the argument, there are two detailed reports from police officers, as you incorrectly stated yesterday, one of the police officers was hispanic, and there was a neighbor who also said that Gates was behaving beligerent and uncooperative. When I read the police reports and heard Gates speak yesterday, there was little doubt that the police officers were telling the truth.

I don't think this was racially motivated but what does one of the officers being Hispanic have to do with anything? There are plenty of Hispanics who are prejudiced towards blacks and vice versa.

I don't think this was racially motivated but what does one of the officers being Hispanic have to do with anything? There are plenty of Hispanics who are prejudiced towards blacks and vice versa.

That's all I was saying, that this wasn't racially motivated. Gates was a jackass, cop got pissed, and arrested his asss. Simple

It has NOTHING to do with it, and illustrates the confusion many white people have about institutional/systematic racism. They simply don't get it.

And, let me reiterate police reports are not to be confused with the truth. Even if they aren't intentionally misleading, they tell one side of the story, in a calculated way. They are anything but objective and complete accounts.

It has NOTHING to do with it, and illustrates the confusion many white people have about institutional/systematic racism. They simply don't get it.

And, let me reiterate police reports are not to be confused with the truth. Even if they aren't intentionally misleading, they tell one side of the story, in a calculated way. They are anything but objective and complete accounts.

There you go again, with your absolute statements. :thumbsup:

Dean keep fighting that fight. Ignore, the reports and the eye witness accounts, and continue your unfounded and absolute arguments. You are doing a wonderful job as coming off as an extremely credulous, naive person.

Keep demonizing the cops, while the lilly white neighbor calls the police because there are two black men on a porch in Cambridge. Good thing you have your racial profiling on the right track.

So in other words, Gates had a right to be pissed that it was racial profiling? :thumbsup:

So you're fine with the police acting as vindictive arbiters of attitude adjustments?

No, I'm not fine with it. The reason why I got into this argument is because I called B.S on the racism allegation.

It is a regressive action that does more harm than good.

Never mind that Gates' story gets more colorful as the time goes by. Never mind that the same people who say that Crowley overreacted have no issue with Gates's ongoing crusade, when all reported facts show that he was equally pig headed in his reactions.

All of them?

To many of the folks in this thread...learn the same lesson that Stan Marsh learned from Token Black. Don't try to understand what it's like to be a minority in America and don't try to rationalize everything race-related by pretending everybody is the same. Just admit that you don't understand and leave it at that.

Are you all so unwilling to admit that different cultures have different perspectives on life? For all we know, Gates is incredibly sensitive to racial issues due to his past in the American South...who are you to judge him for the way he reacted to this scenario?