Trent Edwards Interview- Edge QB Conversation On ESPN

He says; (not quotes)

The guys in the lockerroom have very high expectations they are obviously in a tough division each week they face a great team. They have the sixth hardest schedule in the NFL.

He was very surprised Dallas let Owens go and he thinks Owens gets better the older he gets.

He avoids the question of putting TO on a scale of 1-10 if 10 was his prime. He says that he just wants to win games and TO brings a lot of experience and knowledge to the game and that's going to help the QB out.

How is the team handling the TO distractions with more attention being put on the team? He says all he cares about is winning games. It doesn't matter how big the stage is he only wants to win games, that's what the QB is judged on.

What has TO's past problems with QB's: Garcia, McNabb and Romo done for his relationship with TO? He's just gonna treat TO like any other FA and make sure they are both on the same page. He isn't going to call any of those other QB's to find out more.

He says; (not quotes)

The guys in the lockerroom have very high expectations they are obviously in a tough division each week they face a great team. They have the sixth hardest schedule in the NFL.

He was very surprised Dallas let Owens go and he thinks Owens gets better the older he gets.

He avoids the question of putting TO on a scale of 1-10 if 10 was his prime. He says that he just wants to win games and TO brings a lot of experience and knowledge to the game and that's going to help the QB out.

How is the team handling the TO distractions with more attention being put on the team? He says all he cares about is winning games. It doesn't matter how big the stage is he only wants to win games, that's what the QB is judged on.

What has TO's past problems with QB's: Garcia, McNabb and Romo done for his relationship with TO? He's just gonna treat TO like any other FA and make sure they are both on the same page. He isn't going to call any of those other QB's to find out more.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1481782

Trent went to a very prestigious university, hes a smart guy he understands that buffalo is a small place and winning is the single most important aspect for this organization, the fans and the critics have nothing to talk about besides our streak for no playoffs... he knows winning games means success for him and the team

Imo, if Trent has a good start they should offer him a long term deal becuse if they don't, and he plays well, his days in Buffalo could be numbered. Personally, I think that because he is so smart, he would opt for security and take a similar deal to Bulger.

Again, this is not to say to renegotiate his deal if he plays poorly.

Imo, if Trent has a good start they should offer him a long term deal becuse if they don't, and he plays well, his days in Buffalo could be numbered. Personally, I think that because he is so smart, he would opt for security and take a similar deal to Bulger.

Again, this is not to say to renegotiate his deal if he plays poorly.

not really true. If trent has a great year, the bills will break bank for him. it's clear Ralph will dish out $$$ for guys he likes. He will over pay Trent just as he has in the past - see schobel, kelsay, dockery, etc. I just hope this becomes a questions we even need to have - that trent becomes an above average, stable QB.

not really true. If trent has a great year, the bills will break bank for him. it's clear Ralph will dish out $$$ for guys he likes. He will over pay Trent just as he has in the past - see schobel, kelsay, dockery, etc. I just hope this becomes a questions we even need to have - that trent becomes an above average, stable QB.

Have you seen any recent quarterback salary numbers? Seriously, once he is a ufa, his chances of staying are not good if he develops like I happen to believe that he will (if of course our new OGs can block).

This of course is merely my opinion.

Have you seen any recent quarterback salary numbers? Seriously, once he is a ufa, his chances of staying are not good if he develops like I happen to believe that he will (if of course our new OGs can block).

This of course is merely my opinion.

This is true. Look at the money Cassel got and check out the insane numbers being tossed around for E. Manning.

This is true. Look at the money Cassel got and check out the insane numbers being tossed around for E. Manning.

That's my question. Let's just say, for the sake of the argument, Trent has a great 1st half to the season. TO is on his way to 10+ TDs, so is Lee. Our record is 5-3ish, and Trent is largely responsible for those wins (ie the offense is clicking pretty good).

What would be an appropriate price for Trent? Cassell money? Eli money, whatever that is? Honestly, I haven't given it a second's thought other than to post the question here. So I have no idea.

Doesn't he have another year on his contract? If so, would it be wiser to see how he does over the course of a full season?

That's my question. Let's just say, for the sake of the argument, Trent has a great 1st half to the season. TO is on his way to 10+ TDs, so is Lee. Our record is 5-3ish, and Trent is largely responsible for those wins (ie the offense is clicking pretty good).

What would be an appropriate price for Trent? Cassell money? Eli money, whatever that is? Honestly, I haven't given it a second's thought other than to post the question here. So I have no idea.

Doesn't he have another year on his contract? If so, would it be wiser to see how he does over the course of a full season?

Let's hope Ralph learned something from the Jauron extension. I would want to see Trent play injury free for an entire year before offering him a contract.

Let's hope Ralph learned something from the Jauron extension. I would want to see Trent play injury free for an entire year before offering him a contract.

Wow, I actually agree with you. I still don't think Jauron is as bad as he is made out to be, but it did seem silly to jump the gun on a contract extension. And as much as I have confidence in Trent, we do need to see how he performs for a whole year in terms of prodution and avoiding injuries. I believe he still has a year on his deal. A new deal should be hammered out in the offseason if Trent shows enough.

The only counter to this I guess is the other guys in the lockerroom probably can see that the Bills are an organization that takes care of it's productive players. Still, there's no need in rushing.

Wow, I actually agree with you. I still don't think Jauron is as bad as he is made out to be, but it did seem silly to jump the gun on a contract extension. And as much as I have confidence in Trent, we do need to see how he performs for a whole year in terms of prodution and avoiding injuries. I believe he still has a year on his deal. A new deal should be hammered out in the offseason if Trent shows enough.

The only counter to this I guess is the other guys in the lockerroom probably can see that the Bills are an organization that takes care of it's productive players. Still, there's no need in rushing.

Now that JP is gone, I would not be surprised if we agree on many things. :devil:

Now that JP is gone, I would not be surprised if we agree on many things. :devil:

And for closure, I was a big JP fan and will root for him in his new league. And if Trent plays similarly to how JP did his 3rd year, I will be jsut as critical, especially considering the weapons we have. I just wanna be in the playoffs for the 1st time in my adult life. :o

And for closure, I was a big JP fan and will root for him in his new league. And if Trent plays similarly to how JP did his 3rd year, I will be jsut as critical, especially considering the weapons we have. I just wanna be in the playoffs for the 1st time in my adult life. :devil:

How can you possibly be a big JP fan? He was terrible. He NEVER beat a good team on the road, and his only win at home against an above average team may have been the 2006 Cincinnati Bengals. The guy sucked. Watch the replay of the Bills-Jets game last year in the Meadowlands. He was terrible, and I am not even including the fumble at the end of the game. How about the Bills-Jaguars game from 2007? HORRIBLE!!

Pray that TE can step up and be the MAN!!!