When will have the first "Fire Jauron" thread of the season

My vote: halftime of the Pats opener, when we're down 28-3.

Seriously, and unfortunately, I suspect the *theme* of TBD this season will be "Fire Jauron." (The theme of TBD this offseason has been "How Much Does Whitner Suck?"). I'm predicting daily, repetitive threads about the topic, so I thought I'd get a jump-start. There will of course be variations, such as, "What will it take to get Shanahan?", and phantom coaching rumors and sightings mid-season ("Guys, take this for what it's worth, but a friend-of-a-cousin's-friend who is in the know insists that Belichick plans to quit the Pats mid-season to coach the Bills.")

Any more predictions?

Seriously, and unfortunately, I suspect the *theme* of TBD this season will be "Fire Jauron." (The theme of TBD this offseason has been "How Much Does Whitner Suck?"). I'm predicting daily, repetitive threads about the topic, so I thought I'd get a jump-start. There will of course be variations, such as, "What will it take to get Shanahan?", and phantom coaching rumors and sightings mid-season ("Guys, take this for what it's worth, but a friend-of-a-cousin's-friend who is in the know insists that Belichick plans to quit the Pats mid-season to coach the Bills.")

Any more predictions?

That Jauron should be fired is an open topic. Doesn't need a new thread. It should be on Brandon's to-do list now.

Any more predictions?

Game 1 after the crushing by the Pats

Any more predictions?

I don't know why anyone would want to fire Dick.

With his impressive win-loss record, his complete domination of teams with losing records, his mind blowing game plans and his awe inspiring in game adjustments.

Firing Dick should not even be mentioned. :rolleyes:

Any more predictions?

He'll be evalutated when the season is over.

What point would there be in dismissing him mid-season? The same coordinators calling the shots during gametime would probably remain. Unless Jauron makes some incredibly bad game clock decisions and/or if the team is on the verge of mutiny and a potential savior or proven HC make themselves available (e.g. - Cowher, Gruden, Jim Fassel, Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, etc), Dick will be around all year.

I almost get the idea that some on this board wish for his failure.

I think Ralph expects no less than a playoff appearance, barring another incredible rash of injuries to key players.

No playoffs - I think we'll have a new head man next year, but a mid-season change accomplishes nothing for 2009.

He'll be evalutated when the season is over.

What point would there be in dismissing him mid-season? The same coordinators calling the shots during gametime would probably remain. Unless Jauron makes some incredibly bad game clock decisions and/or if the team is on the verge of mutiny and a potential savior or proven HC make themselves available (e.g. - Cowher, Gruden, Jim Fassel, Tony Dungy, Mike Shanahan, etc), Dick will be around all year.

I almost get the idea that some on this board wish for his failure.

I think Ralph expects no less than a playoff appearance, barring another incredible rash of injuries to key players.

No playoffs - I think we'll have a new head man next year, but a mid-season change accomplishes nothing for 2009.

I think you missed my point. I'm not advocating firing him during the season, but I'm predicting hundreds of threads about doing so.