US Govt Going After Google

This is the kind of thing that gets me upset. Gee, we have a innovative, ground breaking company. One that treats its employees like gold. Oh yeah, it also brings in millions of dollars a day into the US economy. And last time I checked, didn't charge the user for it's product. Lets go after them! Hey, a little heads up for you all. The oil industry has been using thier monopoly for years. Show some balls and go after them. A real threat. I suppose they're too powerful and probably line the right pockets daily. Looks like Google haven't learned to do that yet. What a fuggin joke.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/magazine/17-08/mf_googlopoly

This is the kind of thing that gets me upset. Gee, we have a innovative, ground breaking company. One that treats its employees like gold. Oh yeah, it also brings in millions of dollars a day into the US economy. And last time I checked, didn't charge the user for it's product. Lets go after them! Hey, a little heads up for you all. The oil industry has been using thier monopoly for years. Show some balls and go after them. A real threat. I suppose they're too powerful and probably line the right pockets daily. Looks like Google haven't learned to do that yet. What a fuggin joke.

That's what those two fools get for supporting BO's campaign.

That's what those two fools get for supporting BO's campaign.

Anyone who voted for President Obama has permanently lost the right to b*tch over his policies. For the most part, he has stayed relatively true to his early, leftist campaign.

Anyone who voted for President Obama has permanently lost the right to b*tch over his policies. For the most part, he has stayed relatively true to his early, leftist campaign.

They should shut up and be happy they are not nationalized.

Give it time. We're only six month into this disaster.

Fear not. We just picked up $100 million dollars, because yesterday was the deadline for the president's cabinet members to present $100 million in cost savings, and that money is going to go a long way to...uhhh..to help...uhhh....

Hey...did anyone see all the stuff that the Cabinet cut?

Fear not. We just picked up $100 million dollars, because yesterday was the deadline for the president's cabinet members to present $100 million in cost savings, and that money is going to go a long way to...uhhh..to help...uhhh....

Hey...did anyone see all the stuff that the Cabinet cut?

Well, it won't actually be recorded as a "cut" until it equals the sum of all of his Czars' salaries.

Okay.....so looking at this article it seems the worry is that Google may someday become a target of an anti-trust suit......?

The government is biding its time?

But for what? Things Google may someday acquire?

Google has a trust on what?

Okay.....so looking at this article it seems the worry is that Google may someday become a target of an anti-trust suit......?

It's the Bush Doctrine as applied to economics.

A virtual monopoly on information searches, for one thing. Now they're getting into the OS business, too, it seems.

A virtual monopoly on information searches, for one thing. Now they're getting into the OS business, too, it seems.

65% of a market is a monopoly?

In China, Baidu is market leader.

Naver is market leader in S. Korea

Yandex in Russia

Yahoo is market leader in Japan.

Google is 60% worldwide.....

That's a dominant and powerful position, but it is no monopoly.

Let's not go there please .....

As for your main subject, I read through the first page of the linked article and the case (if ever there will be one) appears weak. Google is dominating but that is because of the quality of their product and none of their actions seem to be in violation of any anti-trust laws. The Microsoft case was different where one of the complaints was the default installation of their browser and an apparent difficulty in uninstalling it. I fail to see the similarity and I struggle with the reasons for any upcoming federal action against them.