Programming note: Live chat with Ralph Wilson

Lori

Guest dog14787
Not going to lie...I'm a little disgusted with his answer to one question:

"I have been a Bills fan since Bruce Smith donned a jersey for your team. My question to you Mr. Wilson is would you be willing to trade all the great things you have accomplished for the NFL in your years as an owner for one Superbowl victory? "

"No, I would not."

I think that mentality pretty much sums it all up right there.

I'm sorry. I realize he added loads of fluff to the end of that answer but you can't justify it to me. The correct answer is always yes.

I won't even comment, your post and question speaks for itself.

Not going to lie...I'm a little disgusted with his answer to one question:

"I have been a Bills fan since Bruce Smith donned a jersey for your team. My question to you Mr. Wilson is would you be willing to trade all the great things you have accomplished for the NFL in your years as an owner for one Superbowl victory? "

"No, I would not."

I think that mentality pretty much sums it all up right there.

I'm sorry. I realize he added loads of fluff to the end of that answer but you can't justify it to me. The correct answer is always yes.

That's like saying you should only have sex with a super model, as anything less would be a waste of time.

If the Bills had won SB 25 and immediately moved to LA, THAT would be have floated your boat for eternity? Maybe a player can think that way, but an owner has to be in it for the long haul. I agree with Ralph, that providing 50-years of Bills entertainment is a pretty damn good legacy.

That's like saying you should only have sex with a super model, as anything less would be a waste of time.

If the Bills had won SB 25 and immediately moved to LA, THAT would be have floated your boat for eternity? Maybe a player can think that way, but an owner has to be in it for the long haul. I agree with Ralph, that providing 50-years of Bills entertainment is a pretty damn good legacy.

Why is that a valid question? The Bills were a c--- hair away from winning a SB. They were never going to move to LA.

"Keeping the Bills in Buffalo" has been painless, effortless and immensely profitable for Ralph. Why pretend it's been a hardship for the guy?

Cool. I disagree with both mentalities. Ask Jim Kelly that question.

Why would Ralph and Bruce trade in all their accomplishments to get a Superbowl ring for the Bills? What a selfish question to ask in the first place. Tell me murra, would YOU trade in everything you've accomplished so that the Bills would win a Superbowl this year?

I can almost guarantee you that Jim Kelly's answer would be the same. As a fan, we're concerned with nothing short of a Superbowl parade. As players, football is their career. It's business. It's their job and like most people with jobs, they don't consider it to be the most important thing in their life. Now, ask Jim Kelly if he'd trade it all in to have his son alive and healthy, and you'd get a different answer.

I don't know what your profession is, but let's say that you're a writer. You're a very VERY successful writer who happens to have never won the Pulitzer Prize. Somebody comes up to you and says, "Let's make a deal. All of your previous books, short stories, and poems will be wiped from the face of the Earth, forgotten forever...but in return, your next work will win the Pulitzer." Obviously, you'd say hell no.

Why would Ralph and Bruce trade in all their accomplishments to get a Superbowl ring for the Bills? What a selfish question to ask in the first place. Tell me murra, would YOU trade in everything you've accomplished so that the Bills would win a Superbowl this year?

I can almost guarantee you that Jim Kelly's answer would be the same. As a fan, we're concerned with nothing short of a Superbowl parade. As players, football is their career. It's business. It's their job and like most people with jobs, they don't consider it to be the most important thing in their life. Now, ask Jim Kelly if he'd trade it all in to have his son alive and healthy, and you'd get a different answer.

I don't know what your profession is, but let's say that you're a writer. You're a very VERY successful writer who happens to have never won the Pulitzer Prize. Somebody comes up to you and says, "Let's make a deal. All of your previous books, short stories, and poems will be wiped from the face of the Earth, forgotten forever...but in return, your next work will win the Pulitzer." Obviously, you'd say hell no.

That was a nice healthy attempt at justifying a loser mentality. I don't really care. He doesn't have to mean it. When prompted, I want to hear, "I would trade it all for a superbowl". Not some realist approach.

In the end, this is a sport. There is one goal, to win.