Programming note: Live chat with Ralph Wilson

Lori

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/359

02:00 PM - 02:30 PM ETRalph Wilson, Jr.

Hall of Fame inductee Ralph Wilson Jr., one of six members that make up the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 2009, is on hand to take questions during a live chat on Tuesday, July 21 at 2 p.m. ET. Wilson, who founded the Bills in 1959, is one of only two original AFL members who still own their franchises.

Guessing he'll be a little more punctual than Bruce was yesterday.

I think much of the chat should be dedicated to the beginning of the AFL, the merger, how the league and the game have changed over the years and what it takes to run a small market franchise in today's NFL. But I sure hope he gets and answers questions about his thoughts on the franchise's long-term future, knowing it could very well end up leaving Buffalo once he passes.

I think much of the chat should be dedicated to the beginning of the AFL, the merger, how the league and the game have changed over the years and what it takes to run a small market franchise in today's NFL. But I sure hope he gets and answers questions about his thoughts on the franchise's long-term future, knowing it could very well end up leaving Buffalo once he passes.

Just sent a Q on exactly that.

I put a few in. I am guessing one or two will stick. We'll see how many are interested in what he has to say. I think his role in pro football's development is vastly under-appreciated.

Agreed. All fluff so far. And too many "who is the greatest Bills ever" and what is yuor best memory. And he answers them all the same -- I cannot pick just one. It doesn't look like he is going to field any serious questions. I guess there is no reason for him to.

I turned that schit off. Most boring waste of time ever. And ridiculously slow, too.

In his defense, we are use to these chats with sports writers. Ralph is not a writer, so he is not going to be quick and witty like Tim Graham.

But the questions are very bland.

Edit: Then again, it has been almost 10 minutes since his last response.

Edit again: Once posted, the next response shows only three minutes elapsed between questions!

And it's over now.

Edited by scribo

In his defense, we are use to these chats with sports writers. Ralph is not a writer, so he is not going to be quick and witty like Tim Graham.

But the questions are very bland.

Edit: Then again, it has been almost 10 minutes since his last response.

Edit again: Once posted, the next response shows only three minutes elapsed between questions!

And it's over now.

Metamucil kicked in.

Not going to lie...I'm a little disgusted with his answer to one question:

"I have been a Bills fan since Bruce Smith donned a jersey for your team. My question to you Mr. Wilson is would you be willing to trade all the great things you have accomplished for the NFL in your years as an owner for one Superbowl victory? "

"No, I would not."

I think that mentality pretty much sums it all up right there.

I'm sorry. I realize he added loads of fluff to the end of that answer but you can't justify it to me. The correct answer is always yes.

Not going to lie...I'm a little disgusted with his answer to one question:

"I have been a Bills fan since Bruce Smith donned a jersey for your team. My question to you Mr. Wilson is would you be willing to trade all the great things you have accomplished for the NFL in your years as an owner for one Superbowl victory? "

"No, I would not."

I think that mentality pretty much sums it all up right there.

I'm sorry. I realize he added loads of fluff to the end of that answer but you can't justify it to me. The correct answer is always yes.

Bruce got the exact same question yesterday and answered it the exact same way.