What's T.O's 40 time?

T.O. has the ability to accelerate in game conditions that are not present when running 40 yards for no reason to a stopwatch. I've seen the guy catch up and pass, receivers who are running down field with the ball, so he could get infront and make a block for the guy. He literally comes out of nowhere, while receivers and DB's are sprinting as fast as they can. This ability is also present when the ball is in the air. I don't care what his listed 40 time is, he has another level of speed. The dude is fast.

So you've seen him sprint past a sprinting receiver and covering DBs and then turn in to block these DBs?

Man- I heard he got shot by three deputies.

CnlJackson- I don't believe you!

Man- well....

CnlJackson- I don't believe there's any three men could kill Josey Wales.

Man- well maybe it was five.

So you've seen him sprint past a sprinting receiver and covering DBs and then turn in to block these DBs?

Are you suggesting he would have to turn around to block a DB because the poster suggested he was running faster than the DB? Why couldn't TO be running faster than a DB who started further downfield than TO and the WR, and with a better angle, then block them in the normal fashion, while still running downfield?

with all due respect, the answer to the question is really who cares?

from my vantage point watching minicamps this spring, T.O. might be among the fastest receivers i've seen. roscoe might be able to beat him in a foot race, but i've not seen anyone up close who has T.O.'s ability to accelerate to the ball once it's in the air and blow past defenders, and that includes McGee.

and for someone so tall, Owens has this fluid almost effortless gallop. it's quite impressive for someone in his mid-30s.

jw

from my vantage point watching minicamps this spring, T.O. might be among the fastest receivers i've seen. roscoe might be able to beat him in a foot race, but i've not seen anyone up close who has T.O.'s ability to accelerate to the ball once it's in the air and blow past defenders, and that includes McGee.

and for someone so tall, Owens has this fluid almost effortless gallop. it's quite impressive for someone in his mid-30s.

jw

Thank you for your first-hand observations..keep'em coming.. :lol:

Are you suggesting he would have to turn around to block a DB because the poster suggested he was running faster than the DB? Why couldn't TO be running faster than a DB who started further downfield than TO and the WR, and with a better angle, then block them in the normal fashion, while still running downfield?

The OP said TO ended up deep to both his teammate and his wide receiver, so he would have to reverse direction to hit the defender before the defender hit his teammate.

The OP said TO ended up deep to both his teammate and his wide receiver, so he would have to reverse direction to hit the defender before the defender hit his teammate.

No, he really wouldn't.

jw

Do you think Evans could outrun TO?

Who cares what you've seen? We only want to hear about what others have said. :lol: