What's T.O's 40 time?

T.O. has the ability to accelerate in game conditions that are not present when running 40 yards for no reason to a stopwatch. I've seen the guy catch up and pass, receivers who are running down field with the ball, so he could get infront and make a block for the guy. He literally comes out of nowhere, while receivers and DB's are sprinting as fast as they can. This ability is also present when the ball is in the air. I don't care what his listed 40 time is, he has another level of speed. The dude is fast.

It's inevitable that someone will bring this up so I'll go ahead. Jerry Rice ran a disappointing 4.7 in the forty in 1985. But he has the infamous "football speed."

Another factor that's almost never mentioned is how fast a guy is after he puts on helmet, shoulder pads, football pants, and cleats. Back in the days of the Air Coryell San Diego Chargers, it became common knowledge that the fastest Charger player in football gear and also carrying a football was not Wes Chandler, Charlie Joyner, or Kellen Winslow. It was the 230 pound running back Chuck Muncie.

Just under 4.6, ~ a Mike Willams time.

A speed game was never his forte', He is a body positioning and route running type expert.

Even though you have zero conscious when it comes to your posts, and have posted outright lies on more than one occasion*, I will refrain from calling you a liar, and simply ask where you got your info.

Where did you get your info? A link to a authoritative source would be nice.

Is it recent? Official?

I see some references to a 4.6. Here's one example:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/03/terrell...a-20-yard-head/

I also see a 4.36 reference:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Terrell...-yard_dash_time

There's a referenced to a 4.49 here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...08213627AAFTKMb

All of these responses lack any sort of credibility, as they do not give the year, venue, who was timing, etc. And there is a huge difference between 4.39 and 4.6.

You will continue to be considered a joke here, if you continue to post things as fact, when you have nothing (or at least offer nothing) to back up your assertions. Of course, it is my belief that you want the conversation to be centered on you, and you are OK with the fact most here consider you an idiot.

* What is worse than outright lying, is the way you ran away from a thread where you lied, after being caught. No apology, explanation...nothing. Totally unacceptable behavior in a forum, IMO.

Even though you have zero conscious when it comes to your posts, and have posted outright lies on more than one occasion*, I will refrain from calling you a liar, and simply ask where you got your info.

Is it recent? Official?

All of these responses lack any sort of credibility, as they do not give the year, venue, who was timing, etc. And there is a huge difference between 4.39 and 4.6.

You will continue to be considered a joke here, if you continue to post things as fact, when you have nothing (or at least offer nothing) to back up your assertions. Of course, it is my belief that you want the conversation to be centered on you, and you are OK with the fact most here consider you an idiot.

* What is worse than outright lying, is the way you ran away from a thread where you lied, after being caught. No apology, explanation...nothing. Totally unacceptable behavior in a forum, IMO.

I remembered the 4.7 time off the top of my head for my post. That time is stated several times in searches, but mostly without documentation or attribution. I did look for supporting documents though.

As for Skooby, I get mildly irritated with him from time to time although he seems like a generally alright guy. But his no-show in the Donte Whitner post was VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Seeing as I as bored and googling anyway, I thought I'd give it a shot... the general consensus seems to be about a 4.6 for TO. Nothing too solid though (its a shame there's not some kind of NFL Combine archive). However, TO did state that he ran 4.6 while at UTC.

TO didn't exactly take Chattanooga by storm at first, catching just six passes as a freshman. "We had to do our 40s [40-yard dashes], and guys were clocked at 4.4 and 4.5 [seconds]," recalls Owens. "I got clocked at 4.6, and I knew that was slow. So I just kept lifting weights."

Link.

Another interesting find while I was looking...

Post #2 (first line) and #3 look rather familiar. Looks like ya may have been right but for the wrong reasons, Skoobs.

Seeing as I as bored and googling anyway, I thought I'd give it a shot... the general consensus seems to be about a 4.6 for TO. Nothing too solid though (its a shame there's not some kind of NFL Combine archive). However, TO did state that he ran 4.6 while at UTC.

TO didn't exactly take Chattanooga by storm at first, catching just six passes as a freshman. "We had to do our 40s [40-yard dashes], and guys were clocked at 4.4 and 4.5 [seconds]," recalls Owens. "I got clocked at 4.6, and I knew that was slow. So I just kept lifting weights."

Link.

Another interesting find while I was looking...

Post #2 (first line) and #3 look rather familiar. Looks like ya may have been right but for the wrong reasons, Skoobs.

I wasn't suggesting that the correct answer was something other than 4.6, but that Skooby doesn't really know the correct answer (as far as I can tell) and simply parrots something he has heard/read. I saw the link to the Tampa Bay forum where their version of Skooby (perhaps) cites the 4.6 time, also with no sources cited, but didn't bother to link it.

In this case Skooby might be right, but as you note, for the wrong reasons. He also may be wrong, but he clearly doesn't give a s#it.

I wasn't suggesting that the correct answer was something other than 4.6, but that Skooby doesn't really know the correct answer (as far as I can tell) and simply parrots something he has heard/read. I saw the link to the Tampa Bay forum where their version of Skooby (perhaps) cites the 4.6 time, also with no sources cited, but didn't bother to link it.

In this case Skooby might be right, but as you note, for the wrong reasons. He also may be wrong, but he clearly doesn't give a s#it.

True. What I found most interesting about the link to the Tampa forum was that Skoobs initial post and those 2 posts were identical. I'd guess... he googled, got that link, and pasted with no further evidence to support the opinion. Hence, right (or so it appears) but for the wrong reason (i.e. he really didn't know; just copied the first thing he saw).

To insert a little logic into the thought process, I would suggest that the article where TO stating he was clocked at 4.6 was during his college career. So, through workouts and training, I'd say we can assume he clocked a little better at the combine. However, being 35(?) he's probably slowed down. So, I guess 4.6ish is about as good as you could expect; although, its entirely possible that he's slower. For whatever it's all worth.

Actually, I see 40 times as kinda like GPA. When you're coming out of college, employers will often consider your GPA as a means to measure your ability. However, once you've been in the workforce for 10+ years, does it really matter that much any more? It's far more important to look at the past year or 2 and see what you've done.

Is it recent? Official?

Sometimes its easier just to call someone dumb :oops:

Well 4.6 or a little lower sounds right. But TO's real strength is his size and body position. He also is able to have so many long TD's because he is so well conditioned he is able to run 50 plus yards at a 4.6ish speed when most WR's are slowing down which could lead to faster safeties chasing them down and lower TD totals.

Just under 4.6, ~ a Mike Willams time.

A speed game was never his forte', He is a body positioning and route running type expert.

Really? I seem to remember him literally looking like he was shot out of a cannon a few years ago when playing with the Eagles and guys couldn't even come close to catching him...he obviously plays much faster than he is timed then....

Really? I seem to remember him literally looking like he was shot out of a cannon a few years ago when playing with the Eagles and guys couldn't even come close to catching him...he obviously plays much faster than he is timed then....

There ya go!

When these guys are timed in the 40, they aren't in uniform, haven't already played in a game for 45 minutes, delivered/received many hits and aren't trying to get to a football. So, let's all pay much more attention to those 40 times.

There ya go!

When these guys are timed in the 40, they aren't in uniform, haven't already played in a game for 45 minutes, delivered/received many hits and aren't trying to get to a football. So, let's all pay much more attention to those 40 times.

Ask Al Davis how that philosophy has been working out for him

I believe the 4.6 time was what he was listed at when he came out of college when he was clearly not the receiver or in anywhere close the shape he is in today

when TO played for the Eagles it was reported he ran a 4.3 and change during a workout which he said at the time was his best time

whatever his time is i think its safe to say its better then 4.6