Diplomats: Iran has means to test bomb in 6 months

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm sure the Iranians (Shiite muslims) would give the bomb to Al Qaeda (fanatical Sunnis responsible for killing thousands of Shiites in Iraq) :wallbash:

You're right.....that's why the US will eventually be in a full-fledged war in Pakistan. It's a lot easier to pick up a spare nuke or two in your own backyard.

Al Qaeda in Afghanistan where not getting hard hits on the radar either.

Both of which are products of a continuing theme - the U.S. foreign policy that basically has us acting like Gladys Kravitz with the A-Bomb. Reaping what we sow, all around the globe. If "Blowback" isn't a big part of every official point paper in U.S. diplomacy, someone ain't doing their job.

Both of which are products of a continuing theme - the U.S. foreign policy that basically has us acting like Gladys Kravitz with the A-Bomb. Reaping what we sow, all around the globe. If "Blowback" isn't a big part of every official point paper in U.S. diplomacy, someone ain't doing their job.

Clarify. What did we sow?

I think it's a misguided attempt to prove you're anti-American and support terrorism.

Oh, I'm sure. Heaven forbid anyone who claims to be "conservative" actually looks at things from that viewpoint instead of simply regurgitating the party line that got us to this point in the first place.

How about the ascension of the current Iranian regime? How exactly did they end up in power?

Because their Muslim terrorists who hate us for our freedoms. It's not our fault...unless you're suggesting we should give up our freedoms to make them happy, you commie pinko bastard Islamofascist baby killer.

Oh, I'm sure. Heaven forbid anyone who claims to be "conservative" actually looks at things from that viewpoint instead of simply regurgitating the party line that got us to this point in the first place.

Much easier to believe they hate us for our "freedom"

Still laughing at Gladys Kravitz. :devil: Perfect.

How about the ascension of the current Iranian regime? How exactly did they end up in power?

Oh the Shah thing. Apparently we didn't"prop" him up very well. Certainly if America hadn't interfered in Iran 50 years ago today they would be a free thinking,Democratic society and the Mullahs would be hiding in the shadows. Believe what you wish.

Oh the Shah thing. Apparently we didn't"prop" him up very well. Certainly if America hadn't interfered in Iran 50 years ago today they would be a free thinking,Democratic society and the Mullahs would be hiding in the shadows. Believe what you wish.

It actually goes back to before the Shah but thanks for your permission. I was totally waiting for that.

Now you have my permission to go back and be afraid of people who live in caves and hate your freedom.

It actually goes back to before the Shah but thanks for your permission. I was totally waiting for that.

Now you have my permission to go back and be afraid of people who live in caves and hate your freedom.

Yeah, that stuckincincy...scary dude. :devil:

Will you quit talking in metaphors and riddles and tell me just what the hell you are talking about?

Will you quit talking in metaphors and riddles and tell me just what the hell you are talking about?

What exactly isn't clear? Our foreign policy (especially in the Middle East) has been crap for a very long time. If you don't know why, that's your friggin' problem. I'm not a history teacher.

Because our foreign policy has been crap, there have been craptastic things that have happened to us as a direct result. Hence the term "Blow Back". This stuff is very easy to understand.

What exactly isn't clear? Our foreign policy (especially in the Middle East) has been crap for a very long time. If you don't know why, that's your friggin' problem. I'm not a history teacher.

Because our foreign policy has been crap, there have been craptastic things that have happened to us as a direct result. Hence the term "Blow Back". This stuff is very easy to understand.

God I can imagine the vitriol you think should be directed at England[they did colonize the middle east,after all-or is that yet another history lesson I misunderstood?] The be all and end all of middle east thinking is Israel[created by the UN] If we didn't support them,the middle east would care less about the US except for the $60 a barrel we pay for their oil[which we told them they have,and showed them how to extract]. Yeah,the US deserves"blow back"

God I can imagine the vitriol you think should be directed at England[they did colonize the middle east,after all-or is that yet another history lesson I misunderstood?] The be all and end all of middle east thinking is Israel[created by the UN] If we didn't support them,the middle east would care less about the US except for the $60 a barrel we pay for their oil[which we told them they have,and showed them how to extract]. Yeah,the US deserves"blow back"

Yeah, it's just as simple as "because the U.S. supports Israel". There's little reason to have a discussion when it's apparently so easy for you to ignore history or how rank and file people view things from their little part of the world, especially given the way their media/educational systems work.

In this instance you seem to be unable to look at things from the outside despite a plethora of sources that the average Middle Easterner doesn't enjoy. You regurgitate the same tired crap as gospel but pretend you're somehow different and you have access to things they can't even dream of.

And it has nothing to do with "vitriol I think should be directed" at anyone. I simply understand that people who are oppressed or perceive themselves to be oppressed will on occasion react strongly against SOMEONE. Our ancestors did it and ended up founding this nation.

Yeah, it's just as simple as "because the U.S. supports Israel". There's little reason to have a discussion when it's apparently so easy for you to ignore history or how rank and file people view things from their little part of the world, especially given the way their media/educational systems work.

In this instance you seem to be unable to look at things from the outside despite a plethora of sources that the average Middle Easterner doesn't enjoy. You regurgitate the same tired crap as gospel but pretend you're somehow different and you have access to things they can't even dream of.

And it has nothing to do with "vitriol I think should be directed" at anyone. I simply understand that people who are oppressed or perceive themselves to be oppressed will on occasion react strongly against SOMEONE. Our ancestors did it and ended up founding this nation.

Poor analogy. The colonists where under direct rule of the British crown,and of course that was the focus of the revolution.Why do you think the average Saudi or Egyptian hates us? Because we are running their country?

You seem to have access to historical information I don't. Please enlighten me as how the US is responsible for the oppressive goverments in the middle east.

Poor analogy.

Except it isn't. The world is simply a more complicated than it was back then and just because America doesn't directly rule anyone doesn't mean we don't exert significant influence all over the globe. If you think otherwise you're either a fool or are lying to yourself.

You seem to have access to historical information I don't. Please enlighten me as how the US is responsible for the oppressive goverments in the middle east.

Do your own research. Heaven forbid anyone go outside their own comfort zone.