what would be a good idea for a blender drink....

The Poojer

doing a Jimmy Buffett pool party tonight and adults are encouraged to bring alkyhall and mixers....sure i could do the traditional stuff, but was wondering what would go well with capn morgan....or if anyone has an 'outside the box' favorite blender drink....thanks in advance

doing a Jimmy Buffett pool party tonight and adults are encouraged to bring alkyhall and mixers....sure i could do the traditional stuff, but was wondering what would go well with capn morgan....or if anyone has an 'outside the box' favorite blender drink....thanks in advance

Salsify and gin.

Why bother? Just drink some of your fruity flavored "vodka", ya friggin' pansy.

:devil:

I would like to know the number of people here that have even heard of salsify.

us old timers know all about it...it ranks as one of the most salubrious of culinary vegetables, being antibilious, cooling, deobstruent, and slightly aperient; but although it is deservedly esteemed as an esculent, it is nevertheless decidedly inferior to Scorzonera in properties, nor does it keep so well when taken out of the ground, as it soon becomes hardened, insipid, and difficult to cook properly.

BTW since we moved we sold, tossed or gave away our blender. Now all my drinks (well my wife's drinks anyway) are made in a shaker. Favorite so far is vodka, cointreau, fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, coconut milk, egg whites and sugar poured into a martini glass with a sugar rim.

Also gin, fresh grated ginger, fresh orange juice and a touch of lime juice and club soda.

Last week it was rum, Italian blood orange soda, and cocunut.

Blenders are for wimps. :devil:

us old timers know all about it...it ranks as one of the most salubrious of culinary vegetables, being antibilious, cooling, deobstruent, and slightly aperient; but although it is deservedly esteemed as an esculent, it is nevertheless decidedly inferior to Scorzonera in properties, nor does it keep so well when taken out of the ground, as it soon becomes hardened, insipid, and difficult to cook properly.

Wow, you're a culinary genius. :devil:

BTW it's actually pretty good stuff.

Freakin' weirdo

:devil:

I would like to know the number of people here that have even heard of salsify.

Not me. At first glance, I assumed it was a verb, meaning to make spicier in a latin sort of way. Example: "Poojer sure salsified his Jimmy Buffet party when he popped in that Gloria Estefan cd and started dancing the forbidden dance of desire."

BTW since we moved we sold, tossed or gave away our blender. Now all my drinks (well my wife's drinks anyway) are made in a shaker. Favorite so far is vodka, cointreau, fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, coconut milk, egg whites and sugar poured into a martini glass with a sugar rim.

In the time it takes to make that, I could already be drunk.

Classic! Classic! SNL sketch! 1. Catch a bass. 2. Remove hook. 3. Place in bassomatic. :D

When Cincy wrote that I knew about it but just couldn't remember everything. Thanks for jogging my memory. You forgot, though, that it can also liven up breakfast cereals!

Also gin, fresh grated ginger, fresh orange juice and a touch of lime juice and club soda.

Last week it was rum, Italian blood orange soda, and cocunut.

Blenders are for wimps. :devil:

Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred.

My suggestion is chocolate milkshakes with Bailey's Irish Cream!

Classic! Classic! SNL sketch! 1. Catch a bass. 2. Remove hook. 3. Place in bassomatic. :devil:

When Cincy wrote that I knew about it but just couldn't remember everything. Thanks for jogging my memory. You forgot, though, that it can also liven up breakfast cereals!

Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred.

My suggestion is chocolate milkshakes with Bailey's Irish Cream!

A classic Martini is stirred not shaken.