Mountain Winery In Saratogo

Dante

Went to the Tears For Fears concert at Paul Masson Mountain Winery on Wednesday and I was totally taken by how beautiful this place was. On top of a mountain in Saratoga overlooking Silicon valley. I wish I would have taken more pictures outside of the theater. The stage area itself is outstanding. Bands play right in front of the stone building winery. Not sure how many people this place sits. Maybe a couple thousand if that but every seat was fantastic. My brother somehow got passes to a meet and greet the band after the show and that was cool as well. During the concert no pics were allowed and they actually made me check my camera at the door. Had to use the phone camera to get these

Band was great. As usual. Saw them 20 years ago in Hamilton, Ont and they were great then as well. Probably get flamed for Tears For Fears but what the hell. I love some of the 80's retro. They played lots of newer stuff as well.

Anyway, beautiful place and a really suggest anyone(chef, wacka) who lives in this area check it out. Most of the bands there are older ones.

Never been there but know where it is.

In Livermore, (much closer to Dante and me) is Wente Winery. It is not a permanent setup like Mountain Winery, but they set up tables and you have a meal and a concert.

Coming up they have Heart, B-52s,Frankie Valli, Blondie/Pat Benetar, Steve Miller Band, Diana Krall and the next week her husband Elvis Costello, and James Taylor. Plus there's a golf course there.

Great venue. I saw Van Morrison there before they remodeled the place.

Anyone here have before, and after construction experiences? I'd love to know if it is now better, or worse, than before. I have seen the aerial view and it still looks great.

Never been there but know where it is.

In Livermore, (much closer to Dante and me) is Wente Winery. It is not a permanent setup like Mountain Winery, but they set up tables and you have a meal and a concert.

Coming up they have Heart, B-52s,Frankie Valli, Blondie/Pat Benetar, Steve Miller Band, Diana Krall and the next week her husband Elvis Costello, and James Taylor. Plus there's a golf course there.

A lot of the same bands at Mountain Wacka. Must be all on the same 40+ circuit lol. Livermore sounds good with the meal as well. At Mountain they have a couple outside restaurants there and one(which I wish I got a pic of) is right on the edge of a cliff like deal where you are looking out on the valley. Looked very pricey but if I go again we may give it a try. If prices are anything like the drinks though I doubt it. I got a sticker shocke when I ordered a drink(double Kettle Vodka with Pinapple/Orange) and the girl told me it was A$24! Double and all but still. She was exceptionally cute though. So I guess that counts for something.

A lot of the same bands at Mountain Wacka. Must be all on the same 40+ circuit lol. Livermore sounds good with the meal as well. At Mountain they have a couple outside restaurants there and one(which I wish I got a pic of) is right on the edge of a cliff like deal where you are looking out on the valley. Looked very pricey but if I go again we may give it a try. If prices are anything like the drinks though I doubt it. I got a sticker shocke when I ordered a drink(double Kettle Vodka with Pinapple/Orange) and the girl told me it was A$24! Double and all but still. She was exceptionally cute though. So I guess that counts for something.

When we went to see Van, the Winery had a picnic dinner thing (we had to take this option in order to get the tickets, for some reason). The food was fair (steak or chicken, if I remember correctly, with a salad and dessert...also got a bottle of wine). They no longer offer that?

At the amphitheater down the street from me in St Augustine (where I recently saw Steely Dan), a double VO was $12. I thought that was reasonable considering the circumstances.

Tears for Fears had/have a great sound...I didn't realize they were still around...I would like to see them live sometime

Went to the Tears For Fears concert at Paul Masson Mountain Winery on Wednesday and I was totally taken by how beautiful this place was. On top of a mountain in Saratoga overlooking Silicon valley. I wish I would have taken more pictures outside of the theater. The stage area itself is outstanding. Bands play right in front of the stone building winery. Not sure how many people this place sits. Maybe a couple thousand if that but every seat was fantastic. My brother somehow got passes to a meet and greet the band after the show and that was cool as well. During the concert no pics were allowed and they actually made me check my camera at the door. Had to use the phone camera to get these

Band was great. As usual. Saw them 20 years ago in Hamilton, Ont and they were great then as well. Probably get flamed for Tears For Fears but what the hell. I love some of the 80's retro. They played lots of newer stuff as well.

Anyway, beautiful place and a really suggest anyone(chef, wacka) who lives in this area check it out. Most of the bands there are older ones.

this wednesday for me...Yes & Asia...can't wait...i will give you my thoughts afterwards :devil:

I think Yes and Asia played there the night after I saw them in the city. I heard the wine was pretty good but the schlitzgay stole the show. :D

Tears for Fears had/have a great sound...I didn't realize they were still around...I would like to see them live sometime

They are actually pretty good live. :devil: I saw them at an outdoor concert a few years back. I was surprised.

Plan on going there next month for Los Lobos/Los Lonely Boys. Looks like a great place. How long of a drive from Stockton is it?

I bet that will be a good show. Los Lobos is usually good, live (as opposed to in recordings, not as opposed to dead).

I bet that will be a good show. Los Lobos is usually good, live (as opposed to in recordings, not as opposed to dead).

Yeah,they're great live. I've seen them a bunch of times dating back to the '80s. This will be my first Lonely Boys show,but I like their recorded stuff.

Plan on going there next month for Los Lobos/Los Lonely Boys. Looks like a great place. How long of a drive from Stockton is it?

It's in the hills above Saratoga. Saratoga is south of Cupertino and Sunnyvale (All in Silicon Valley). Get across the Bay and take 101 to 85. Get off 85 at DeAnza .

It is quite an amazing place.Been there a few times.Saw Nancy Griffith and The Moody Blues. Can't beat it.

I agree, that would be an outstanding show....Los Lonely Boys play some good music too....never saw either live, but would love to

Crap....15 posts in and it finally dawns on me its not the saratoga in ny...i was wondering how we made the jump to cali....damn, i needs to get my drink on

It's in the hills above Saratoga. Saratoga is south of Cupertino and Sunnyvale (All in Silicon Valley). Get across the Bay and take 101 to 85. Get off 85 at DeAnza .