House wants Auto Dealerships reinstated

Yeah, this is going to work just GREAT.

Tighten your belt...and keep 3,000 dealerships on the dole.

Tighten your belt...and don't lay anyone off.

Tighten your belt...and sell cars at a loss.

The U.S. House approved legislation Thursday to force General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC to reinstate as many as 3,200 dealers the car makers cut as part of their government-backed bankruptcy reorganizations.

The measure, if it becomes law, would disrupt the Obama administration's efforts to revamp the U.S. car industry, and is an indication of the role Washington's political machine will play in how the companies are run.

It's also a snub from Congressional Democrats to the White House, which strongly opposed the measure. This week, the White House stopped short of threatening a veto, but warned of the harm the bill would cause.

The provision, attached to a must-pass spending bill, forbids the administration from giving bailout funds to the auto makers unless they restore dealers' rights under state franchise laws.

The measure could effectively force GM and Chrysler to reopen dealerships or to increase the compensation provided to rejected dealers. The vote was 219-208.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1247798522...icle-outset-box

This isn't the Congress you voted for?

I voted for one congressperson in a lesser of two evils spirit. :devil: If you have been following my posts, which you must be since you reply to pretty much every post I have, you would know that I don't think much of the Congress, and hate virtually all of the Democratic leaders.

God that sounds stupid on the surface, although I don't know the particulars or the reason for it. Hopefully, like the article inferred, the senate will stop it.

You mean beside the House criminals all jumping on the "saving dealerships in my district" bandwagon? :devil:

p.s. It sure could be a good test of Obama's nut sack if he's forced to veto it.

CHECK IT

Repeating your lame personal attack doesn't make it any more clever or effective. You're clearly in over your head here.

Must really be a hoot to type stupid schit you don't even believe just to get people to respond to you so you can type more stupid schit you don't even believe. Wow, how awesome is that?! What a thrill. Man, I got all them bozos fooled, don't I?

Must really be a hoot to type stupid schit you don't even believe just to get people to respond to you so you can type more stupid schit you don't even believe. Wow, how awesome is that?! What a thrill. Man, I got all them bozos fooled, don't I?

You don't have him on ignore? I don't tend to use that feature much, but it comes in handy in certain instances.

Yeah, this is going to work just GREAT.

Tighten your belt...and keep 3,000 dealerships on the dole.

Tighten your belt...and don't lay anyone off.

Tighten your belt...and sell cars at a loss.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1247798522...icle-outset-box

On the bright side, they'll no longer be EEEEEEVILLLLLL corporations, since they'll never make any more money again.

You don't have him on ignore? I don't tend to use that feature much, but it comes in handy in certain instances.

Hey, anyone can put 'MANIA on ignore but I PROUDLY claim status as the one and only HE HIMSELF has placed on HIS ignore button. I wear it as a badge of honor that I'm ignored by one of the biggest douche nozzles to EVER grace this BB. And that's saying something.

BTW, drives him crazy when you call him douche nozzle. I posted the link below to rankle him once but then I found out he's the domain master over there. But it's still fun to send him home now and then.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douche+nozzle