If Brett Favre signs

I'm kinda hoping that Brett doesn't sign with the Vikings at all...for a reason.

But then I can see TE getting injured early in the season with with this haphazard O line strung together by this toolbelt of coaching giants

I can also see Fitz getting hammered by the Jets Kris Jenkins, who knocks him back into the 80's.

With Hamdan running for his life in every other play someone on the coaching staff might start to think the no huddle wasn't such a good idea and perhaps setting up a power running game might have been the better idea.

By week 7 and facing the Panthers on the road are the Bills seriously considering bringing back JP?

If Brett Favre signs he is going to put the fun back into the NFL. He just drops back looks like a kid out there and throws the ball around like he is with the boys in the back yard. Favre is going to gunsling his way to a championship baby who care if he throws a few fun balls (aka INT's). You know what his is going to say when he smacks Jay Cutler and the Bears in the face "You just got gun slung". You just can't beat the River Boat Gambler Brett Favre.

Is that enough cliches about Brett Favre for you.

If Brett Favre signs he is going to put the fun back into the NFL. He just drops back looks like a kid out there and throws the ball around like he is with the boys in the back yard. Favre is going to gunsling his way to a championship baby who care if he throws a few fun balls (aka INT's). You know what his is going to say when he smacks Jay Cutler and the Bears in the face "You just got gun slung". You just can't beat the River Boat Gambler Brett Favre.

Is that enough cliches about Brett Favre for you.

sounds like the transcript from monday night football :lol:

sounds like the transcript from monday night football :lol:

Actually I just followed Mark Schlereth around for 10 minutes. Another laughable note on NFL Live they had two commentators who thought Brett Favre was a top 10 QB currently in the NFL and one went as far as to say he is CURRENTLY a top 5 QB. To me Brett Favre is a mid level QB at Best.

Actually I just followed Mark Schlereth around for 10 minutes. Another laughable note on NFL Live they had two commentators who thought Brett Favre was a top 10 QB currently in the NFL and one went as far as to say he is CURRENTLY a top 5 QB. To me Brett Favre is a mid level QB at Best.

No, he's still top 10. Not because he's great anymore, but he does change the game. He did so many crafty moves against us to give him free time, his arm before he was hurt was above average, and he manages a good game.

I've never quite understood it. He won a super bowl. ONE. Did we hear this much about Simms or McMahon or Williams? No freaking way.

Good QB. Not great. More interceptions than anyone, ever. Played behind a very agile and able line, but yeah, GB won that SB because of him (not being sarcastic; he was the reason).

One hell of a nice guy, too, from all reports. That doesn't hurt. And I have nothing at all against Favre or the Packers. (They're both too, well, NICE. How could you really dislike them?) But let's evaluate him on the facts, and not on whether he's folksy enough or easy to identify with.

Kelly with a better plan, Marino with a better RB, Esiason with better luck, all would have won more than one. Elway won two, Aikman three, but we didn't really hear the praise (normally reserved for religious figures) for them that we have heard for Favre.

Favre will make the HOF, mostly because he brought a title back to Green Bay, but come on. He was a very good, not great, quarterback. He hardly was legendary.

That said, good for him that he's got a job opportunity, and good for the rest of the NFCN to play him twice. Looks like the Lions might have a shot to win one this year.

I've never quite understood it. He won a super bowl. ONE. Did we hear this much about Simms or McMahon or Williams? No freaking way.

Good QB. Not great. More interceptions than anyone, ever. Played behind a very agile and able line, but yeah, GB won that SB because of him (not being sarcastic; he was the reason).

One hell of a nice guy, too, from all reports. That doesn't hurt. And I have nothing at all against Favre or the Packers. (They're both too, well, NICE. How could you really dislike them?) But let's evaluate him on the facts, and not on whether he's folksy enough or easy to identify with.

Kelly with a better plan, Marino with a better RB, Esiason with better luck, all would have won more than one. Elway won two, Aikman three, but we didn't really hear the praise (normally reserved for religious figures) for them that we have heard for Favre.

Favre will make the HOF, mostly because he brought a title back to Green Bay, but come on. He was a very good, not great, quarterback. He hardly was legendary.

That said, good for him that he's got a job opportunity, and good for the rest of the NFCN to play him twice. Looks like the Lions might have a shot to win one this year.

He has never missed a game in 17 years...Started 275 consecutive games,including playoffs

The NFL's only 3 time MVP...

Holds virtually every significant NFL career passing record, including touchdown passes (442), completions (5,377), attempts (8,758) and yards (61,655), plus most wins (160) as a starting QB

plus won a super bowl, something both Marino and Kelly wish they had done.

If those stats don't say great, then nothing does.

I respect your argument because Favre has been pedestrian at best for about 7 or 8 years now, minus his last year in GB. Yes, he has the most INTs ever, but he also owns every other significant passing record. He's got that game streak. Hell, he played last year, the entire year, without a biceps muscle in his throwing arm. He was treading water, but to do what he did with the structural damage in his arm is just ridiculous. While I respect your opinion, I'd have to rank Favre as one of the all time greats, if not the greatest QB of all time. Yes, there's a lot of folksy hype, but he's got the hardware to back it all up. Do what I do... put the tv on mute and enjoy watching one of the best ever, so you can tell your grandkids that you saw Brett Favre play football, just like my grandpa tells me about Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, and Babe Ruth.

I respect your argument because Favre has been pedestrian at best for about 7 or 8 years now, minus his last year in GB. Yes, he has the most INTs ever, but he also owns every other significant passing record. He's got that game streak. Hell, he played last year, the entire year, without a biceps muscle in his throwing arm. He was treading water, but to do what he did with the structural damage in his arm is just ridiculous. While I respect your opinion, I'd have to rank Favre as one of the all time greats, if not the greatest QB of all time. Yes, there's a lot of folksy hype, but he's got the hardware to back it all up. Do what I do... put the tv on mute and enjoy watching one of the best ever, so you can tell your grandkids that you saw Brett Favre play football, just like my grandpa tells me about Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, and Babe Ruth.

Both your response and wildrabbit's response present some decent reasons to reconsider what I wrote. (Corp, I know you from SS, so I'm hardly shocked.) I did. I'm sticking with my opinion. But damn, you each really put forth some compelling arguments, and against TBD convention, you did it without being dicks.

I'll tell my kids about Montana, Jordan, and Gretzky. They'll still be bored.

If Favre signs, I would be interested in trading for either of the Vikes backup qbs. I prefer Sage Rosenfels to be a quality backup to Trent.

Your thoughts?

Who cares!!!! If he signs he's just making an ass of himself and those people who still pay attention. When he retired from Geen Bay he deserved the respect. Then he reversed and went to New York and was mediorcre Then retired again. Now might play again. He should have retired with thie highest respect from Green Bay. He's now fast becoming a comic character of what he once was.

Who cares!!!! If he signs he's just making an ass of himself and those people who still pay attention. When he retired from Geen Bay he deserved the respect. Then he reversed and went to New York and was mediorcre Then retired again. Now might play again. He should have retired with thie highest respect from Green Bay. He's now fast becoming a comic character of what he once was.

Last season Farve was on a team of coaching fools with Mangini being the exception, although he is more defensive minded and had little say in offensive play calling according to Farve.

It was Brian Schottenheimer who kept calling passing plays knowing his star QB had a very serious injury, which made no sense at all considering the Jets had the leading rushing attack in the AFC at the time. They stopped running the ball and tried to throw out of the shotgun almost every play the last 6 games... sounds familiar doesn't it :thumbsup:

Both your response and wildrabbit's response present some decent reasons to reconsider what I wrote. (Corp, I know you from SS, so I'm hardly shocked.) I did. I'm sticking with my opinion. But damn, you each really put forth some compelling arguments, and against TBD convention, you did it without being dicks.

I'll tell my kids about Montana, Jordan, and Gretzky. They'll still be bored.

What Brett Farve managed to do in the NFL over 17 seasons is the stuff legends are made of...

I can recall reading comments by several NFL head coaches looking at Jim Kelly and wishing they had a QB as tough as him, and Kelly missed a ton of games, in fact he was on the sidelines for that historic comeback win over the Oilers.

Farve didn't...miss...a...game..in...17 seasons.

Payton Manning is closing on that streak but he has been sacked far less then Farve, it remains to be seen if Manning can eclipse those records.

If Favre signs, I would be interested in trading for either of the Vikes backup qbs. I prefer Sage Rosenfels to be a quality backup to Trent.

Your thoughts?

Sage is no better than Fitz

And the Favre issue, theINTs are what made him good. Flutie says it best -- "Show me a QB wiht no INTs, and I'll show you a QB who doesnt taken enough chances to win." Ironically you want your QB to throw a few interceptions as that means he is living right on the line for the big play. You want him to force throws that result in big plays, and a few pics with a few more TDs is a good thing. Everyone here would love Trent to throw 5 more pics next season if it meant he threw for 10-15 more TDs. If he took more chances down field that could be the result. Brett was soo good because he took the most chances and succeed for years. When you play with fire sometime you get burnt, but you can also have a whole lot of fun. Favre can be my QB any day.