Bucky Brooks taking out years of frustrations on the Bills?

A little deep for the Stadium Wall....

direct from www.insidetheralph.com -

I’d like to start this post with the man most often forgotten about in the return game: Terrence McGee. His career KR average is 26.3 yds. This is basically over 4 years of returning, not including his first season or last season. During that time he had 23 returns over 40 yards and 5 TDs while posting a career long of 104 yards. These are better than Hester’s career numbers, and comparable to Cribbs’ (same avg, both 5 TDs). Next, last year’s numbers for the heir to the KR throne. McKelvin - 28.2 avg, 1 TD, and 7 returns over 40 yds. Cribbs - 25.2 avg, 1 TD, 3 ret over 40 Hester - 21.9 avg, 0 TD, 2 ret over 40 Leon Washington - 25.6 avg, 1 TD, 6 ret over 40 And McKelvin did this all while playing CB. Cribbs and Washington do really nothing else, and Hester is a poor excuse for a WR. Reggie Bush doesn’t return kicks, but he does return punts. Funny story, so does Roscoe Parrish. Parrish’s career PR average of 14.0 yards is better than Bush’s (9.8) and Hester’s (12.0)…Washington and Cribbs are, by all measurements, poor punt returners. Last year: Roscoe - 15.3 avg, 1 TD, 6 ret over 20 yards Bush - 13.5 avg, 3 TDs, 4 ret over 20 yards Hester - 6.2 avg, 0 TDs, 4 ret over 20 yards The best return man in the game: whoever Bobby April puts out there. Thanks for playing though, Bucky.

Why would you care about what other people think?

I agree with you 100%. Why do people on TBD get so worked up over what someone else says. People who are no more an expert than Fred Flintstone, just because they played. And if it is anyone with any past or present connection to the Bills, there is always a conspiracy theory on here. It might for some of us on here without much of a life, but the whole world in general doesn't revolve around the Bills.

I agree with you 100%. Why do people on TBD get so worked up over what someone else says. People who are no more an expert than Fred Flintstone, just because they played. And if it is anyone with any past or present connection to the Bills, there is always a conspiracy theory on here. It might for some of us on here without much of a life, but the whole world in general doesn't revolve around the Bills.

is it really that bad to discuss stats in one thread? not every thread can be about some free agent that the bills will NEVER sign or about how Jauron may or may not be the coach again next year

is it really that bad to discuss stats in one thread? not every thread can be about some free agent that the bills will NEVER sign or about how Jauron may or may not be the coach again next year

A thread can be about anything, I just don't understand why a few people around here take it personally when someone on TV says something, and it gets their panties in a wad.

Because we're from Buffalo and have the self esteem of an ugly stipper and it hurts our feelings when someone disses us. Jeesh, don't you know anything.

Because we're from Buffalo and have the self esteem of an ugly stipper and it hurts our feelings when someone disses us. Jeesh, don't you know anything.

But an ugly stripper is better than no stripper at all.....

But an ugly stripper is better than no stripper at all.....

Disagree, they completely depress me. They have to go around begging guys for dances. You have to avoid eye contact. I go to those places to escape problems not to feel pity and empathy.

Top 5 Returners

Former Buffalo Bill and current analyst for NFL.com ranked the top 5 return men in the NFL. Roscoe or Leodis weren't on the list! (actually found through http://www.insidetheralph.com/ which had a few good pts)

Anyone else have a problem with this?

When you win your players are rated high, when you lose they are not rated high, even if statistically they may be good, except in rare cases where a player is really exciting. OJ got great press even when the Bills were terrible because he was the most exciting running back of all time in the open field. Also, running backs are on the field a lot more than return men.

Bottom line though is the Bills have been in a decade long depression and we have a lot of climbing up to do to get back on the radar screen for non local fans. The good news is one good season and we will be right back there. Maybe 2009!

Disagree, they completely depress me. They have to go around begging guys for dances. You have to avoid eye contact. I go to those places to escape problems not to feel pity and empathy.

You're right. I actually feel sorry for them. It is depressing. I was trying to make a joke but I agree with you.

:thumbsup:

So true....nothing worse than having to give the same girl the "maybe later" line 3 times.

ahhh, the ol 2 am empathy dance from the ugly stripper, nothin beats it, it's usually good for a proper stiffy