I Think That The Bills

and it is quite frustrating to look at the standings.

Let's match these teams up:

QB: I hate to say it, but edge to jests.

OL: Edge to jests but not such a big one, and Bills are improving.

RB: Toss-up. Personally, I prefer MaGahee to Martin.

Receivers: Edge Bills.

DL: Edge to jests, but our ends are getting better each week, and our DTs are clearly superior.

LB: Bills, no doubt

Sec: Bills, especially when healthy

Special teams: Bills. Moorman, Wire, Stamer, etc.

I am not saying that we should be 6-2, but the Bills really should have a .500 record. With a win vs. NE, we could at least cling to a slim hope of the playoffs, but the odds seem remote.

I hope that they can stay focused, and make this a decent season, meaning at least 8-8.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DL: Edge to jests, but our ends are getting better each week, and our DTs are clearly superior.

I am not saying that we should be 6-2, but the Bills really should have a .500 record. With a win vs. NE, we could at least cling to a slim hope of the playoffs, but the odds seem remote.

I hope that they can stay focused, and make this a decent season, meaning at least 8-8.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

107853[/snapback]

I agree, but I think the Jets were overated to begin with. The Bills were obviously late getting started for a variety of reasons, but if they pull off a win at NE then they'll be back on the radar making playoff noise the rest of the season which is all we asked for in the first place. Is it Sunday night yet?

I agree, but I think the Jets were overated to begin with. The Bills were obviously late getting started for a variety of reasons, but if they pull off a win at NE then they'll be back on the radar making playoff noise the rest of the season which is all we asked for in the first place. Is it Sunday night yet?

107919[/snapback]

I agree with that. The Jets have only beaten ONE team with a winning record, and yet, that idiot Peter King still has them ranked 4th!?!?

107853[/snapback]

I think the Bills were the better team in everyone of those areas teamwise and personnel-wise in which you made a comparison, at least yesterday.

And frankly, I think beyond yesterday. I know I've said a thousand times early on and only now are people startinf to repeat the same thing: This team needed time to gel under its new coach and new offensive system. Some of the younger and newer players needed time to get up to speed and get comfortable enough to make contibutions (e.g. McGahee and Evans).

It is shame that a team cannot come right out running on all cylinders when you have a coaching change, an OC change and the obvious offensive system change. It is even more of a shame that we couldn't have stolen a few of those games early on that we should have won notwithstanding the growing pains. But this team is improving every week and if we can steal one against the Patties, look out!

WHY NOT US??

I think the Bills were the better team in everyone of those areas teamwise and personnel-wise in which you made a comparison, at least yesterday.

And frankly, I think beyond yesterday.  I know I've said a thousand times early on and only now are people startinf to repeat the same thing:  This team needed time to gel under its new coach and new offensive system.  Some of the younger and newer players needed time to get up to speed and get comfortable enough to make contibutions (e.g. McGahee and Evans).

It is shame that a team cannot come right out running on all cylinders when you have a coaching change, an OC change and the obvious offensive system change.  It is even more of a shame that we couldn't have stolen a few of those games early on that we should have won notwithstanding the growing pains.  But this team is improving every week and if we can steal one against the Patties, look out!

WHY NOT US??

108134[/snapback]

I agree, but the thing is our veterans were letting us down in the first few games more than our new coaches and new guys. Clements in game one, Travis slipping against the Raiders, etc. If we would have won 1 or 2 of the games where we actually should have won because we outplayed the other team and were better than the other team, this would be a very exciting time for this group. I still cannot get myself to forgive Clements for that play against Jax simply because there aren't many or usually ANY plays in a game where one can say, as a fact not an opinion, that if you just do your simple job the game is OVER and we win. And that was one of them.