Maybin tidbits...

Heitz

Ross Tucker just tweeted (he must be on Sirius) "Bills rookie Aaron Maybin said his agent is working hard trying to finish deal before camp. Maybin will stay at 250lbs and get some LB reps."

At least he understands the importance of getting into camps. It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for the D this season..

On one hand, I really don't understand the logic of moving a guy coming off his redshirt sophomore year where he played DE. It also doesn't make sense given the type of defense Buffalo runs, which rarely blitzes, and more frequently lines up 2 LB's and more DB's. Besides, they need the pass rush help on passing downs, when Kelsay should be parked on the bench.

But...the Bills need to get this guy on the field to take advantage of his speed. Still, he'd be another in a long line (Wood, Levitre, and Byrd) who would be forced to play another position. As smart as these guys are, it's a bad idea to change their positions in a rookie season. It could stunt their progression as NFL players. JMO.

The guy needs to learn LB coverages, even if he still plays DE. The more he learns at different positions the move valuable he will be, provided he can master one of course.

I still can't get it out of my head that the first time he lines up at DE, they will run right at him.

My opinion on what we are gonna see this year from Maybn is a few highlight reel type plays which will get everyone excited for the future mixed into a whole lot of him looking lost on the field. He will get run at every time he is in there on first or second down just like the last poster said BUT THAT IS A GOOD THING. The only way the kid is ognna learn to play the run and be an everydown DE is to get embarassed a little bit on the field. This is not a QB where you dont play him as a rookie because you fear that trial by fire could get him killed and cause him to be gunshy (see David Carr) but instead it is him learning on the job. This team is so desperate for an all around stud DE that I dont think we have a choice but to play the kid as much as possible without shattering his confidence.