FOX SPORTS

major

A Yale man gives the starting job to a Harvard man?

Poppycock!

When I think of Jauron, I think of the "Gilligan's Island" episode where Thurston Howell finds Lovie sitting at the table with Jungle Boy and a coconut cream pie and exclaims, "Lovie! What ARE you doing?"

"I'm trying to find out about our friend. If he picks up his fork with his right hand, he's American. If he picks it up with his left, he's European."

Then, Jungle Boy grunts a few times, grabs the pie with both hands, and mashes it into his face. Thurtson Howell jumps back in horror and says, "Good Heavens! A YALE man!"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say we're necessarily "ripe" for a QB controversy. but I could see it happening. Say in pre season Fitzpatrick looks very sharp and smart and poised in the pocket. Throws for 1/2 dozen TDs in preseason. Meanwhile, Trent struggles. Season starts and Trent has a couple of Cleveland Clowns 2008 type games. We start 0-3. I'm thinking posts by FitzgeraldsARM are not too far behind! I don't hope or expect this to happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility ...

I guess it is possible, but my guess is that Trent will start all of the Preseason games, health allowing, and by the time Noodle Arm Fitzpatrick gets in he will be playing against backups and training camp fodder, so he probably will post better numbers.

Of course there's the possibility of a QB controversy because you have a guy who, for whatever reason, has not established a lock on the position. If he comes out and really struggles, there will be a controversy. But I think the majority of teams could find themselves in this position if the guy penciled in as the starter plays poorly. If we really find ourselves debating the merits of Edwards vs. Fitzpatrick, though... I think I'd have to sit that one out.

Did you see his play the last two thirds of the season? That might be the for whatever reason.

I guess it is possible, but my guess is that Trent will start all of the Preseason games, health allowing, and by the time Noodle Arm Fitzpatrick gets in he will be playing against backups and training camp fodder, so he probably will post better numbers.

'Noodle Arm Fitzpatrick'? In his first NFL game, Fitzpatrick replaced an injured Jamie Martin and lead the St. Louis Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns.

How many NFL games - partial or complete - has our Glove-Wearing-Dakota-Fanning-Loving Los Gatos Boy thrown for 300 yards? You wanna see what a real noodle arm looks like?

link

Mr. Graham is probably somewhere between Florida and Ohio ... we've e-mailed, but he hasn't checked in here lately,

Pretty sure he did address that recently, though. I'll check. Or maybe it was Wawrow instead?

Edit: I found a mention from Wawrow that Lynch had 20 days to file the appeal (and has done so), but I don't think there's anything in the rules that imposes a time limit on Goodell's decision.

though i don't think there's a time limit on the decision, i'm pretty sure it might come early into training camp, perhaps the first week. if i remember correctly (and don't hold me to it, because i'm still on vacation), brandon marshall's appeal was announced in early august last year.

jw