What is solid on the Bills team?

Well, since Lindell and Moorman had off years (for them) in 2008:

- McKelvin and Parrish on returns (depending on ability to adjust to the new anti-wedge rules)

- The wideouts (Evans and TO)

- Stroud (as long as his gas tank doesn't dry out)

- the running backs (except for Thug Mode missing the 1st 25% of the season)

OK, help me out...

- McKelvin and Parrish on returns (depending on ability to adjust to the new anti-wedge rules)

OK, help me out...

Terrence McGee is very good.

The new O-line guys are super intelligent and play with "a mean streak".

There's worse Lbs that Kawika and Pos.

OK, help me out...

I'd like to think our secondary is pretty good, with McGee and McKelvin back there. Also don't forget Donte and either Bryan Scott or Jairus Byrd...we have loads of options in the secondary.

Jabari made a very strong showing, which was somewhat hampered by the injury. He was playing for his extension payday, sort of like my personal favorite Bill, Pat Williams, and every other NFL veteran.

Kick butt with the Saints, Jabari!

Terrence McGee is very good.

The new O-line guys are super intelligent and play with "a mean streak".

There's worse Lbs that Kawika and Pos.

The new O-line guys are super intelligent and play with "a mean streak". Which means absolutely nothing if these guys don't learn the proper footwork and technique. There are many 300 lb college pukes who never achieve a a thing in the NFL simply because they are smart and nasty. In college, it is men against boys, in the NFL its men against monsters.

Last season Kris Jenkins couldn't be stopped by any of the 3 players attempting to block him in that first Jets game. He made both guards and the center look like little boys trying to stop a freight train, that is one reason all 3 are gone from Buffalo.

Jabari made a very strong showing, which was somewhat hampered by the injury. He was playing for his extension payday, sort of like my personal favorite Bill, Pat Williams, and every other NFL veteran.

Kick butt with the Saints, Jabari!

It's hard not to like Jabari after what he went thru to make the team.

As far as this year's team, I like the secondary, the RBs and WRs, and surprisingly, the d-line. I think they are going to open some eyes this year (as far as Bills fans I mean). They have talent on paper and as long as they stay healthy, they should be better than any d-line we've seen here in the past 3 or 4 years.

The hype around Whitner and POS is solid. The spin about the nasty, means streaks with the OL is solid. The chances Bong Mode gets in trouble again is solid. The odds Dick directly costs the team a game or two again is solid. The chances Ralph has an excuse to retain Jauron for another year despite yet another sub-.500 season is solid. There are lots of solid things about the team this year!

The hype around Whitner and POS is solid. The spin about the nasty, means streaks with the OL is solid. The chances Bong Mode gets in trouble again is solid. The odds Dick directly costs the team a game or two again is solid. The chances Ralph has an excuse to retain Jauron for another year despite yet another sub-.500 season is solid. There are lots of solid things about the team this year!

Yeah, Joma, but what about some insights into the more ephemeral stuff? Like who's better Derek or Derek?

I'd like to think our secondary is pretty good, with McGee and McKelvin back there. Also don't forget Donte and either Bryan Scott or Jairus Byrd...we have loads of options in the secondary.

And often our Secondary is maligned for the big plays given by them...Unfortunately a lot of that is due to lack of a pass rush by the front four..When pressure is applied, the Secondary will be able to be more a ball hawk...For now they are suffering in just covering the WR for a long period of time.