Going to Cali tomoorrow....any suggestions

taterhill

Ah, Modesto-the home of Scott Peterson and the Meth capitol of the world.

With out a doubt the worst place I've been to in California. I here Stockton and Fresno are no bargain either but I haven't been to either of them.

Go to the beach and relax. The kids can tell you that by now! Encinitas has a nice shoreline but look out for falling cliffside. Don't drive if you don't feel like it. You are much closer to San Diego than L. A. Pacific Beach and Mission Beach in S.D. are very nice right now with the temps in the seventies and mostly clear skies. Sunsets are also nice. You can drive any day anywhere but most can't go to the Pacific every day. The beach makes one forget about the state's financial problems and the high cost of living. Don't believe the naysayers. See the best of California. Go to the beach.

If you are into baseball, the Padres are home starting this Thursday (Rockies) and ending next Wednesday (Marlins).

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=sd

Everything and anything can go wrong in Tijuana. Avoid Tijuana.

Welcome and enjoy!

So Far.long 2 hour walk down Venice Beach..went to a Dodgers game...nice 5th row seats....Wedding in Carslbad....Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, Saw the Hangover in an old school theatre in Encinitas, LegoLand, In and Out.....may check out Del Mar tomorrow

So Far.long 2 hour walk down Venice Beach..went to a Dodgers game...nice 5th row seats....Wedding in Carslbad....Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, Saw the Hangover in an old school theatre in Encinitas, LegoLand, In and Out.....may check out Del Mar tomorrow

Go across the border with a fist full of cash and a bulk of condoms

And this is coming from a guy who lives in San Jose. :rolleyes:

NO! I'm a good 45minutes north up the 680 from San Jose. I don't mind San Jose much though. My brother in law is a cop there.

Not quite

Here

Being in San Mateo do you work in tech Chef?

Just left a company HQ'd in San Mateo for one HQ'd in Dublin. Was there all last week, and let’s just say it seemed like a long month. Love the city of SF, not the bay area as a whole.

Will say this though, I stayed at the Hilton at the Club in Pleasanton. They have a band on Thursday nights, and every desperate person in the area over 40 must show up at this place. I bust on it, but damn, it was great fun for an evening. I would say at least 5% of them were, how did the Kinks put it, "I know I am a man but so is Lola". But lots of good looking chicks there...fight between a fat out of shape drunk African American and a drunk fat out of shape Hispanic American over a fat, drunk Caucasian America that was just pure entertainment

Just left a company HQ'd in San Mateo for one HQ'd in Dublin. Was there all last week, and let’s just say it seemed like a long month. Love the city of SF, not the bay area as a whole.

Will say this though, I stayed at the Hilton at the Club in Pleasanton. They have a band on Thursday nights, and every desperate person in the area over 40 must show up at this place. I bust on it, but damn, it was great fun for an evening. I would say at least 5% of them were, how did the Kinks put it, "I know I am a man but so is Lola". But lots of good looking chicks there...fight between a fat out of shape drunk African American and a drunk fat out of shape Hispanic American over a fat, drunk Caucasian America that was just pure entertainment

What don't you like about the bay area? I've only been here about six months and I really like it. I live in the city but will be buying something in a year and probably not in the city. Are you talking about the San Mateo area or Dublin? And compared to what?

Which one? Sybase? I live in Dublin, CA. I'm about two miles from that hotel. Average suburbia. You were here during the hot spell. It's been about 80 the last two days.

What don't you like about the bay area? I've only been here about six months and I really like it. I live in the city but will be buying something in a year and probably not in the city. Are you talking about the San Mateo area or Dublin? And compared to what?

First, let me preface my remarks by admitting that I am a city snob.

Next, I find the burbs like San Mateo and Dublin to be very cookie cutter, although downtown Pleasanton was very cool, and i like downtown San Jose as well. I guess it is more the burbs out there just make me think of Poltergeist, everything looks the same to me. Having said that, I now live in the burbs in Richmond VA, so what room do I have eh :lol:

Which one? Sybase? I live in Dublin, CA. I'm about two miles from that hotel. Average suburbia. You were here during the hot spell. It's been about 80 the last two days.

It was hot as balls out there last week, but that doesn't bother me. BTW, if you are that close to the hotel, do yourself a favor a go over some thursday night. I am telling you, for a $5 cover, best people watching in the world. And, if you are single/looking, pretty hard not to get lucky in there LOL

First, let me preface my remarks by admitting that I am a city snob.

Next, I find the burbs like San Mateo and Dublin to be very cookie cutter, although downtown Pleasanton was very cool, and i like downtown San Jose as well. I guess it is more the burbs out there just make me think of Poltergeist, everything looks the same to me. Having said that, I now live in the burbs in Richmond VA, so what room do I have eh :lol:

It was hot as balls out there last week, but that doesn't bother me. BTW, if you are that close to the hotel, do yourself a favor a go over some thursday night. I am telling you, for a $5 cover, best people watching in the world. And, if you are single/looking, pretty hard not to get lucky in there LOL

What you described regarding San Mateo and Dublin is the definition of suburb. But I do agree the city is much better at least when it comes to things to do. But buying there will be crazy for me right now. A million dollar home isn't in the cards in the next year.

What you described regarding San Mateo and Dublin is the definition of suburb. But I do agree the city is much better at least when it comes to things to do. But buying there will be crazy for me right now. A million dollar home isn't in the cards in the next year.

I get it bro, thats why we moved from the District about 5 years ago....to me a suburb is a suburb now..whether its Richmond, San Fran or Kansas City..doesn't matter.

And as an aside...NoCal WAYYYYYYYYY better than SoCal

And as an aside...NoCal WAYYYYYYYYY better than SoCal

I don't know about that yet. I spent 26 years in SoCal but only the last 7 in Orange county. I loved OC but it was super suburbia. What I loved was the weather and the fact that where we lived was only 10 minutes from the Pacific and right across the street for a wilderness park where we could hear the coyotes howl at night. However the fact that I love food, wine and music nothing beats SF. OC was a cultural wasteland. Now SF vs LA? No comparison...LA sucks.