McGahee & the Blitz

webtoe

Just to add to other points on the board regarding McGahee's entry into the game an the improvement of the O-Line and Drew's play.

I believe that one major factor is that team's cannnot sell out the blitz up the middle due to WM's ability read the play and bounce it to the outside, whereas TH more or less runs to where the hole is supposed to be.

As has often been said, the one place to really get to Drew is up the middle. If D's cannot out-man up the middle in fear of WM, Drew will continue to get time.

Guest BackInDaDay
WM's ability read the play and bounce it to the outside

107818[/snapback]

Something Belichik hasn't had to gameplan for in recent meetings. :D

Since McGinest doesn't sell out to get upfield (in 3-4 the pressure comes elsewhere), Pats' outside LBs could be forced to contain outside responsibilities leaving Shelton with ISOs on the inside LBs. That's a simple thing to look for, but as much as I loved Henry's guts, McGahee's play is adding some welcomed wrinkles.

Guest BackInDaDay
Not to mention thaat Willis does a much, much better job of picking up the linebacker coming up the middle on the blitz than Travis does.

107897[/snapback]

Two hundred and thirty something pounds, with legs that push piles and carry DBs downfield... I can't wait to see him catch Teddy B shooting the A gap! :D