SWA 737 lands safely despite football sized hole.

Beerball

They'll probably trace the sight of the failure back to a previous repair or possibly even something that happened when the plane was being built.

Every time the plane pressurizes/de-pressurizes it weakens a spot like that till it finally fails. When it pops it's definately an attention getter but generally the pilot just descends to 10,000' and looks for an apporoved landing site.

They'll probably trace the sight of the failure back to a previous repair or possibly even something that happened when the plane was being built.

Every time the plane pressurizes/de-pressurizes it weakens a spot like that till it finally fails. When it pops it's definately an attention getter but generally the pilot just descends to 10,000' and looks for an apporoved landing site.

And the closest suitable airport was probably Charleston, but as the post before mine shows, it's not the easiest place in the world to land a jet, even a 737. I've driven on the highway below it...there's about a 350 foot dropoff from the end of the main runway.

Charleston's Yeager Airport - slice off mountaintop and pave:

S.Charleston's Mallory airport is even more sporting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8JHD6IQtQ

:thumbsup:

Charleston's Yeager...the only airport that meets the plane midair.

I dont undertsand how ANYONE with a choice in carriers flies SWA. You have to find your own seats, theres a million connections, and now...they let pets...PETS on board.

Its a Greyhound bus....but with wings. If you have THAT little respect for yourself and are that deperate for a buck, just whore yourself out. Jeez.

SWA is the ONLY carrier I will fly. What's the BFD about choosing a seat? To me an airplane is like a bus...get on, take a seat for an hour or two...get off. I don't need filet mignon and have my pillow fluffed. Get me there safely for a good price and I'm happy.

PTR

I dont undertsand how ANYONE with a choice in carriers flies SWA. You have to find your own seats, theres a million connections, and now...they let pets...PETS on board.

Its a Greyhound bus....but with wings. If you have THAT little respect for yourself and are that deperate for a buck, just whore yourself out. Jeez.

SWA is hands down my favorite to fly on. they have the BEST routes for where i want to go, i DONT have to worry about crappy connections like if i were to use another airline,

i LIKE the fact that i can pick my seat, i like to know who im sitting next to and to grab a window if possible. i like that they DnONT charge for baggage, they dont hit you on every little surcharge, they actually have customer service.

and most airlines let pets on board in the cabin. so you cant single out southwest for that. odds are your airline of choice allows it too

I like b737s, their flight attendents at least seem to like their jobs and try to be fun, unlike most of the legacy carriers where all the employees are disgruntled and miserable.

stop being a hater! Southwest 4L